Kobe Brown to announce and sign Tuesday afternoon
Much of our attention over the past week has been turned toward Indianapolis, where the next crop of basketball stars took over the weekend to show off for their future coaches and fans. However, while we hope players like Cam’Ron Fletcher and Josh Christopher reflect the distant future of Mizzou hoops, the Tigers immediate outlook could get a little clearer this afternoon.
Former Texas A&M commit Kobe Brown will announce his college decision this afternoon, following it up by immediately signing to the school of his choice. Missouri has been in on Brown since before his commitment/decommitment to the Aggies, and they’re locked in as a finalist with Vanderbilt, Minnesota and Penn State. From Sam’s article the other day:
Multiple sources have cancelled out the chances for Vanderbilt, and Minnesota. Eliminating two of the top four is helpful, so we’re basically down to my most recent prediction of Penn State, and Missouri.
Alex Schiffer at the Kansas City Star has gone on record saying he believes Brown will pick Missouri, and he seems fairly confident.
We’ve spent the last few weeks wondering what Mizzou would do with the leftover scholarships heading into the 2019-2020 school year. The odds seem decent that some combination of Parker Braun/Ronnie Suggs will pick up one of the scholarships, and there’s room to add another player. Brown may not help the team as immediately as a graduate transfer, but he’s a solid body who looks to have a game that could fit with what Martin has been trying to build in his first years at Mizzou.
We’ll be ready to break down Brown’s choice this afternoon, including follow-up content if Brown chooses the good guys. Brown is looking like the last external target on Missouri’s board, so either way it looks like we’ll get some finality on the coming season’s roster at 4:30 this afternoon.
- Joe Flacco spoke to ESPN about the Broncos taking Drew Lock in the recent NFL Draft and, uh, he was pretty transparent on what he thinks about it! Lock, however, has impressed in limited appearances since the draft.
- Alex Schiffer took a look at 2020 post targets for Cuonzo Martin, specifically with an eye on replacing Jeremiah Tilmon, who may leave after his junior season.
- Mitchell Forde also posted another notebook on the weekend’s EYBL action, while Gabe DeArmond offered up his Monday morning thoughts.
- Mizzou baseball couldn’t get the series win at Vanderbilt, but they stay ranked for the fourth time in five weeks.
- Finally, major congratulations to all the graduating Mizzou athletes out there. Thanks for making Columbia part of your lives, and here’s to your last week as college students! M-I-Z!