Mizzou Football approaches the season with some style
If you spent any time on Twitter at all on Sunday, you likely caught a glimpse of a locker room video from Jonathan Nance that spread like fire around Mizzou Twitter.
Mizzou Football’s locker room is out of control. (via 4nance_/Instagram) pic.twitter.com/sq6XgpfFWZ— House of Highlights (@HoHighlights) July 20, 2019
The video — a work of performance art and pure, unbridled beauty — got people talking.
Band camp starts August 12th. Form could use some work, but we could fix that. https://t.co/aOFlUJDa3S— Marching Mizzou (@MarchingMizzou) July 20, 2019
2008: Sean Weatherspoon struts around in a Mizzou Snuggie. Mizzou wins the Big 12 North.— Bill Connelly (@ESPN_BillC) July 21, 2019
2013: Michael Sam destroys a trash can in the locker room and does his sack dance. Mizzou wins the SEC East.
2019: ⬇️ https://t.co/W2K7KLN022
Of course, this video is nothing but good news from an on-field standpoint (as Father Bill pointed out above.) However, we also wanted to highlight some of the video’s more important moments (and inspiring figures) from an emotional standpoint as well.
1. The Original Formation
This is precision work from a formation perspective — sorry, Marching Mizzou, but y’all are just wrong here. Only teams with gonzo levels of chemistry are this well-choreographed.
2. Daniel Parker is NOT MESSING AROUND
You may think sophomore tight end Daniel Parker is treating this exercise as just fun and games. That’s where you’d be thinking wrong. Parker’s game face is next level here. I don’t think I’ve ever taken anything as seriously as Parker is taking this march.
Daniel Parker is going to score 20 touchdowns this year if he brings this level of focus to the field. He will wreak havoc on opposing secondaries. He will fell many foes with his stare alone.
3. Whoever the hell this is
Gotta be honest, I have no idea who this dude is on video quality alone, but I can tell you that I would die for him.
EDIT: I have now been informed that this hero is, in fact, Jamal Brooks.
my dawg @jbroo25 at the end is an IDIOT https://t.co/4FVFIfJfNj— Straw Hat ☠️ (@Tear_Ants) July 21, 2019
Let us give thanks.
Thank you, Jonathan Nance, for blessing us with this video. Truly a perfect example of inspired posting.
Yesterday at Rock M
- PowerMizzou is continuing their 2019 football camp preview by looking at the tight ends. AJ Blankenship also spoke with Kaleb Brown, a 2021 recruit who is, not-so-coincidentally, the younger brother of Mizzou freshman Kobe Brown. Both stories are for premium subscribers.
- Drew Lock may be the quarterback of the future in Denver, but his head coach says he is a long way off from being NFL ready.
- Mizzou baseball summer leaguers out here doing some work!
- Speaking of baseball, a quick update on Kameron Misner, who just recently worked out a deal with the Miami Marlins.
After today’s game, Kameron Misner is set to make another start in CF and a couple in RF in the GCL before heading to his next assignment. A week or so. #Marlins— Ian Smith (@FlaSmitty) July 21, 2019
- Good catch by ABC 17’s Tyler Murry on comparing Sophie Cunningham’s hard-nosed basket from Saturday to one she attempted a few times at Mizzou.
Sophie Cunningham's (@sophaller) circus shot for the @PhoenixMercury last night reminded me of a few she hit during her time at #Mizzou. Tiger fans got pretty used to Cunningham hitting those kinds of crazy shots over the last four years. pic.twitter.com/QZlYfPXjLN— Tyler Murry (@TylerMurryABC17) July 21, 2019