Caleb Love cutting school list down... despite maybe already doing so
Yesterday, after almost an eternity of waiting, Mizzou basketball fans got a little bit of clarity on one of Cuonzo Martin’s top targets in the 2020 class.
i will officially be cutting my list of schools on friday, august 2nd!— Caleb Love (@caleb2love) July 30, 2019
Caleb Love, one of the Top 40 players in America, has long been one of Mizzou’s lead targets and the number one high school option out of the back court. But the news that he was cutting his list wasn’t all. We actually got a list!
#Mizzou makes the cut. So does Arizona, UNC, Louisville, Kansas and Indiana. https://t.co/DNsnjWBE0X— Matt Harris (@MattJHarris85) July 30, 2019
While Rivals scout Corey Evans deleted a tweet linking to his piece, it’s still alive and well on the web. It seems as if the outlet jumped the gun, which takes a little bit of juice out of the build-up Love was trying to create. Some intern is getting fired!
There wasn’t anything groundbreaking in the story about Mizzou, but it was interesting to read some of Love’s thoughts on his other suitors. I won’t share them here for the sake of good sportsmanship, but it’ll be worth a look when it (inevitably) drops on Friday. At the very least, it’s good to see Missouri’s name still in the running, even if the Tigers’ chances with Love still aren’t great.
- The big program news of the day belongs to the six latest inductees into the Mizzou Hall of Fame.
#Mizzou's 2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣9️⃣ Hall of Fame Class— Mizzou Athletics (@MizzouAthletics) July 30, 2019
▪️ @MizzouSwimDive's David Bonuchi
▪️ @MizzouFootball's John Clay
▪️ @MizzouBaseball's Kyle Gibson
▪️ @MizzouBaseball's Ralph Hochgrebe
▪️ @MizzouVB's Molly Kreklow Taylor
▪️ @MizzouWrestling's Tyron Woodley
» https://t.co/CqTmkPSdch pic.twitter.com/82jJXvem4t
Obviously a lot of legends here, and it’s nice to see the inductees spread across programs and eras. Congrats to all six!
- Mizzou didn’t take on any new commits after this weekend’s Night at the Zou, but they did lose one yesterday.
I am Officially Re-Opening my recruitment ! I would like to thank @MizzouFootball and the coaching staff for the opportunity to play D1 ball again it truly means a lot ✊— 9️⃣ (@Maureesee) July 30, 2019
The former Louisiana Tech wide receiver is a three-star recruit who, oddly enough, is now listed as an outside linebacker at 247 Sports. He also sports offers from Oregon State and West Virginia.
- In possibly-related news, PowerMizzou talked to another tall wide receiver recruit who’s considering a Mizzou offer. Gabe also gave a game-by-game prediction for the upcoming season — for premium subscribers, as usual.
- Sophie Cunningham: making WNBA teams regret not choosing her since... well at least since two weeks ago anyway.
.@sophaller over her last games ⤵️— Mizzou Basketball (@MizzouWBB) July 30, 2019
◾ 4.7 PPG
◾ 44.8 FG%, 40.0 3FG%, 93.8 FT%
All rank in the top-10 among @WNBA rookies!#MIZ #OurTownOurTeam pic.twitter.com/sqS0lUJyRi
- Ben Frederickson continues his series on the most important Tigers for the season. Number four belongs to the Tigers’ near-unanimous All American.
- Neat little human interest piece on former Mizzou walk-on Eric Laurent, who is making his way in the entrepreneurial-rich St. Louis area.