Yesterday Missouri Football had a closed scrimmage, and since it was closed we officially have nothing to report. Unless you’re the Antlers.
Barry Odom didn’t even notice his staff was predominately black
The lede to Dave Matter’s article is a doozy, and it’s one worth reading. Honestly, it’s refreshing to see a question like the one posed to Odom during SEC Media Days met with surprise. In composing his staff, Odom has pursued experienced coaches he believes in and can trust. Interestingly enough, of the 10 paid position assistant coaches, seven are manned by black men.
Missed this yesterday, but Alex Schiffer is back to his Friday recruiting rundowns, and he caught up with recent Mizzou offer and Michigan native Pierre Brooks Jr. He also got a rundown on Ronnie DeGray, a recent Mizzou offer in the 2020 class, and caught you up on the Mizzou Women's targets.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Odom plans to play all the freshmen as much as possible
- Report: Caleb Love to visit Missouri in September
- SEC coaches are taking Mizzou as seriously as the fans
- 2019 Season Opponents Preview: Vanderbilt Commodores
- Wofford’s ability to shoot from outside makes them a dangerous opponent
- Bennett Durando of the Columbia Missourian has a piece on Maurice Massey, potentially Mizzou’s star receiver waiting in the wings. He also provided Four Observations on the first 12 practices.
- Sean Williams at PowerMizzou ran through a closer look at the Rivals 250. ($)
- Check out the Athletic’s Mailbag from Peter Baugh.
- This was excellent