Recruiting giveth and recruiting taketh away
Barry Odom has been recently lauded, by this site and others, for his recent recruiting momentum. Some of that momentum was slowed on Sunday, though, as one of Missouri’s recent commitments quickly backed off his pledge to the Tigers.
Please Respect my Decision... pic.twitter.com/SN1uP3DIQ9— Montra Edwards Jr. ™️ (@MontraEdwards5) August 18, 2019
Edwards was a bit of a surprise commit, so seeing him decommit so soon both is and isn’t surprising in and of itself. Of course, the Tigers are still one of Edwards’ finalists, so it’s not out of the question he could still be in black and gold.
Still, there’s a chance for Odom and Co. to regain that lost momentum almost immediately.
Buford would round out a very solid offensive line class for the 2020 Tigers, and the staff has apparently been high on him for a while. A commitment, while not exactly needed, would be a feather in the cap of a recruiter who just seems to be hitting his stride.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Morehead State returns to Columbia for a rematch
- If you’re looking for good news on Caleb Love, it’s there in how the visits line up
- Sean Williams looked at Mizzou’s 2021 QB targets, and Gabe DeArmond talked with Jordan Ulmer about how a turbulent 2018 is fueling his motivation for 2019.
- ABC 17’s Tyler Murry is talking with Nick Bolton about his journey to the role of starting linebacker with the Tigers.
- Welcome, new Tigers!
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link to sign up: ROCKMNATION ESPN+ LINK SIGNUP NOW PLS