Lindsey Scott Jr and Alex Ofodile have left Mizzou Football
Two roster updates from Odom:— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) August 27, 2019
WR Alex Ofodile has decided he’s done playing football.
QB Lindsey Scott Jr. is looking to transfer. He wasn’t at today’s practice.
The initial depth chart often tells a story. The story yesterday showed the quarterbacking situation ahead of Lindsey Scott Jr. was deep enough that a young man just looking to get snaps perhaps needed to move on. Scott was beaten out by Taylor Powell for the back up spot behind Kelly Bryant, and with Connor Bazelak progressing on his heels and Shawn Robinson eligible next year, the path doesn’t get any clearer.
For Ofodile, the Columbia Rock Bridge product was an elite recruit out of high school and was never quite able to get right after breaking his foot shortly after arriving on campus at Oregon. Ofodile transferred back home to play with his dad, but was never quite able to crack the depth. Instead of putting his body through more wear and tear, he opted to retire.
Good luck to both guys. Alex leaves with a Master’s Degree, so that’s pretty good.
Yesterday at Rock M
- No one exemplifies this year’s team like Johnathon Johnson
- The Most Likable Mizzou Football Team in Years
- Film Room: Mizzou’s Third Down Defense
- Offensive Depth Chart: Bryant stays the face of the offense
- Defensive Depth Chart: Garrett still the leader on defense
- Battle Line Rivalry Game in 2020 moves to Arrowhead
- A lot of the usual news happened all around the Mizzou-land media and most of it was also covered by our Rock M Nation beat writers. See above. :)
- Did you know War Memorial Stadium, where the Cowboys play football, is the highest stadium is all of FBS? At 7,215 feet no less. So just how is Missouri going to handle the elevation? Mitchell Forde tries to answer the question in his Notebook for PowerMizzou.
- Former Mizzou beat writer and current Laramie resident Brandon Foster actually researched the topic a while back:
Wrote about this a while back, but you actually can't adjust to the altitude unless you get there waaaay in advance. https://t.co/ZU09FkB6l9— Brandon Foster (@BFoster91) August 27, 2019
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link to sign up: ROCKMNATION ESPN+ LINK SIGNUP NOW PLS