Missouri Athletic Director Jim Sterk was joined by Brendan Wiese, Ben Frederickson and Howard Richards on The Big 550 KTRS’ debut show, “Mizzou In The Lou,” on Tuesday night, and they touched on a variety of topics. Most notably, Sterk mentioned the timeline of the decision for the appeal.
“I can’t envision it going longer than the next two to three weeks, so I would say the best bet would probably be in September,” Sterk said.
The Missouri football team is better off knowing the outcome of the appeal sooner rather than later for it not to be a distraction throughout the season. This seems like the best-case scenario timeline-wise for everyone involved.
When comparing the Missouri and Mississippi State sanctions, Sterk sounded really confident about a favorable outcome.
“There are a lot — a lot — of similarities, and I think it bodes well for a positive decision for us. I really can’t see how our appeal does not have most of it overturned.”
Who can make any sort of prediction when it comes to the NCAA at this point, but there seems to be some positive momentum as we near the conclusion of it all. The pressure is on the NCAA to correct their mistakes and make the right decision.
Will they? We’ll just have to wait and see.
Bowl game or not, we do have a poll up and running, so go ahead and VOTE!
What would you consider the baseline for a successful season this year?— ROCK M NATION (@RockMNation) August 28, 2019
Yesterday at Rock M
- Sam Snelling is in favor of the idea of moving the Arkansas game to Arrowhead
- Tucker McCann is pulling double duty, as Ryan Herrera updates the special teams depth chart
- Nate Edwards previews the Wyoming Cowboys’ offense
- Terry Dennis provides a look at what the game week schedule is like in the latest In The Huddle
- Mitch Hill and Bennett Hughes look for Missouri to get off to a fast start against Wyoming in the Fifth Down Episode 3
- Missouri comes in at No. 13 in Bill Connelly’s preseason SP+ rankings
- Alex Schiffer reports that Mizzou hoops target Davion Bradford will take an official visit on September 14th
- Saturday Down South has 10 bold predictions for the 2019 Missouri season, and every single one of them is positive
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link to sign up: ROCKMNATION ESPN+ LINK SIGNUP NOW PLS