Camp proceeds as normal*
The biggest story on the Mizzou beat is obviously still preseason camp. And while some notable news did come out of camp on Monday, we’ll be covering that in a breakout post later this morning. In the meantime:
- Richaud Floyd is working hard to see the playing field this year as a cornerback... yes, you read that correctly. He and other secondary members discussed how that transition is going with Alex Schiffer.
- Mizzou’s coaches have stressed the need to work on the pass rush, and the players are hearing the message. They talked about how they’re working on it with the St. Louis Post Dispatch.
- PowerMizzou took some time to talk with freshman QB Connor Bazelak about his introduction to the college football scene.
- The STL Post Dispatch also posted a gallery of pictures from the day’s events.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Matt Harris, resident defensive scheme analyst and basketball guru, identified ways how defense could define Cuonzo Martin’s Mizzou Tigers, 3.0.
- We kicked off our football position previews — and introduced new lead football writer Brandon Kiley — by highlighting the running backs and quarterbacks, all of whom should remain uninjured, please and thank you.
- Rising senior Jaydin Eierman is claiming a spot on Team USA for the upcoming Pan American games.
- Oy! Crack a Foster’s for the new Mayor of Melbourne!
SOPHIE CUNNINGHAM | The Deakin Melbourne Boomers are delighted to announce that Phoenix Mercury guard Sophie Cunningham has signed for the 2019/2020 season.— Melbourne Boomers (@MelbBoomers) July 1, 2019
Head to our website for more information https://t.co/Lb08ovx6cu pic.twitter.com/SFcCtBgxf8
- Mizzou baseball added to its coaching staff as Todd Butler joins the team from Wichita State. He’ll be the new program recruiting coordinator as well as an assistant coach.
- The Athletic’s CJ Moore is going to do a Missouri Q&A this week and he needs your questions!
- Gabe DeArmond gave subscribers his regular Monday morning thoughts. Rivals subscribers can also read an Eric Bossi Q&A with Mizzou basketball target Ryan Kalkbrenner.
- Ending today’s links on a good note. Hell yeah and f**k cancer.
My mom is cancer free! I appreciate all the support and love I’ve gotten over the last few years, really has been huge for me and my fam. Much love✊— Kevin Pendleton (@KevinP_71) August 5, 2019