Alcohol, the revenue generator
There’s a lot still to be dissected concerning Missouri’s 38-7 trouncing of the West Virginia Mountaineers, and we’ll have plenty of analytical goodness coming your way over the next two days.
However, one of the big stories coming out of the home opening weekend was alcohol sales. Namely, how well would beer and wine do with an 11 a.m. crowd? As it turns out, pretty damn well.
...alcohol sales generated approximately $157,000 in revenue for the game, an MU spokesman said. With drink prices ranging from $7 to $9, that means Mizzou sold around 19,000 drinks to the announced crowd of 51,215.
You have to think that number will improve during evening games, especially when Missouri gets into the meat of its schedule. The program could be looking at well into a million dollars of revenue, which would be good for both their wallets and our tastebuds.
We’ll keep monitoring the alcohol situation as it plays out during the year. Of course, it you want football content, we’ll do that too. Probably.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Don’t know what to think of Missouri? Join the club
- Southern Illinois is starting over with a familiar name on the sideline
- FanPulse 3.0: Clemson might be tough to move out of the top spot for, like, a WHILE
- Nick Bolton Named SEC Defensive Player of the Week
- PODCAST: Mizzou Football gets back in the Win Column
- AJ Blankenship spoke with Caleb Love’s AAU coach for PowerMizzou subscribers, Mitchell Forde looked at Kelly Bryant’s mobile ability and Gabe wrote out his usual Monday morning thoughts.
- Mizzou sent out an offer to a 3-star wide receiver out of New Mexico. Keep that ‘crootin momentum coming, Barry!
- Mizzou Volleyball landed two players on the SEC Players of the Week list.
- The men’s and women’s Mizzou basketball programs are hosting FREE CLINICS in the coming weeks. See here for more details.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!