Get out your tank tops, because the heat is turning up on Caleb Love’s recruitment
It may be football season, but we’re currently in the midst of the most intriguing Missouri basketball recruitment of the Cuonzo Martin era. No, the Porters don’t count.
A little over a week after Caleb Love’s visit to Columbia seemingly turned the tables on the blue-chip point guard’s recruitment, things heated up on Monday with several visit announcements.
Louisville’s entire staff along with Mizzou’s full staff will be in tomorrow for five-star guard Caleb Love, a source told @UofLRivals and @Stockrisers. Mizzou was his first official, Louisville on 9/27.— Jake (@jakeweingarten) September 17, 2019
Sam broke down which tea leaves you should be reading in the coming weeks, and part of that equation is watching how each of the Tigers’ competitors does in their own recruiting battles. If you’ve been paying attention, it’s not surprising the Cardinals are turning up the heat on Love.
Louisville loses out on 2020 PG target Cam Hayes. But the Cards still have a number of top guards on the board, including Caleb Love, DJ Steward, Jay Scrubb and Deivon Smith. https://t.co/JprGpqyAaG— Danielle Lerner (@danielle_lerner) September 13, 2019
That’s a big miss for Louisville, who can’t possibly have many names above Love on their big board. At this point there’s nothing more Cuonzo and Co. can do other than continue their all-in momentum. Missouri fans can only sit back and enjoy the ride of being a finalist for one of the best players in the country.
Yesterday at Rock M
- We’re less than a week from learning what this Missouri team really is
- Illinois is looking to turn around the recent fortunes
- FanPulse 4.0: The top of the pack is static after an uneventful weekend
- PODCAST: Mizzou Football Stays Healthy and Took Care of Business
- Peter Baugh is doing excellent work over at The Athletic, and you can read his pre-SEC-play takeaways right here... with a subscription, of course.
- Andy Katz doesn’t see Missouri making it to the Tournament in his predictions that come six months before March Madness.
- Alex Schiffer highlights a few things you need to know about South Carolina before Saturday.
- It’s not as if there was one play that really sealed Missouri’s win over SEMO, but the Tribune chose to highlight Cale Garrett’s pick-six.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!