Kelly Bryant is “a light”
Lots of chatter today during both Missouri’s and South Carolina’s media days, and you can read all about it below. There’s a lot to go through and a little something for everyone!
However, this video from The State, featuring South Carolina WR and former QB, Jay Urich, was my favorite. Urich had some really nice things to say about Kelly Bryant, who he’s known since high school (he took over the QB slot at Wren HS when Kelly graduated). Have a listen.
What South Carolina's Jay Urich said about his relationship with Missouri QB Kelly Bryant https://t.co/xGItKzg2il— GoGamecocks (@gogamecocks) September 17, 2019
Yesterday at Rock M
- Nate is back with a new Beyond the Box Score, begging us to look at dead bodies (?).
- Josh looked at Missouri’s attendance here and how we had better numbers in our FCS matchup (!) this past week than some pretty surprising schools (OREGON!?!)
- Ryan’s got a new depth chart for us (with a couple changes in the “or”). He’s got good news about Yasir Durant.
- Mizzou Network did a sit down with AD Jim Sterk to catch up on all things Mizzou Athletics.
INSIDE THE HUDDLE with JIM STERK: Get caught up on the latest happenings from across the world of @MizzouAthletics as @BenArnetMU sits down with #Mizzou AD Jim Sterk for their monthly chat pic.twitter.com/xHqKWalXQC— Mizzou Network (@MizzouNetwork) September 17, 2019
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Hochman had a great story about the “Mayor of Columbia,” Sophie Cunningham, and how she’s adjusted to life in the WNBA. A must read.
- BenFred’s Top 5 on STL Today includes tidbits about how Mizzou-made Mad Max Scherzer really, really likes to pitch in his hometown, and how the “curse” of the SEC quarterbacks didn’t really hurt our upcoming opponent too much. (side note- cross your fingers, toes, eyes, knock on some wood, throw some salt over your shoulder, sage everything, etc.... whatever you need to do to keep KB healthy)
- Barry Odom’s media day press conference was (ahem)... brief— only 13 minutes. Check out the coverage of your choosing from: Matter / Gabe (video & transcript)
- KC Star: Schiff wrote about Tucker McCann— the “Swiss Army knife” of special teams.
- PowerMizzou: Mitchell’s got a very detailed Notebook for y’all to check out (free of charge).
- Eric Bossi of Rivals did an in-depth interview with everyone’s favorite hoops recruiting target, Caleb Love ($$).
- The Athletic did a super cool regional Live Q&A on Monday to celebrate the 2-year anniversary of the The Athletic- St. Louis. One of the featured guests was Peter Baugh, who answered all your Tigers football questions. You can read it here ($$)
- From The State: South Carolina Head Coach Will Muschamp talks Missouri (video)
- 247 Sports had a piece on Jay Urich’s relationship with Kelly Bryant.
- The Columbia Tribune posted a story on behalf of Pete Iacobelli of the AP about how South Carolina’s desperation makes them a dangerous team.
- Bennett Durando of the Columbia Missourian did a truly fascinating Q&A with Wayne Kreklow about travel, retirement, and playing with Larry Bird.
- In non-athletics related news, Emily Roiger of the Missourian had an interesting article about enrollment at Mizzou, and guess what? It’s good, guys! 16% growth in MU’s freshman class despite declines in national college enrollment? MU’s retention rate also reached all-time highs? We’ll take it!
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!