Let’s talk a little Mizzou fall sports action, shall we?
You really couldn’t ask for a better start to the Joshua Taylor era of Mizzou volleyball. The Kreklows may have retired, but Mizzou volleyball keeps doing Mizzou volleyball things.
Eight games in, and the Tigers are off to a perfect 8-0 start. They have swept four of their eight matches, and none have gone to a full five sets yet. Missouri comes in ranked No. 17 in this week’s AVCA Coaches Poll and entered the week as one of 10 undefeated teams in the country.
Redshirt sophomore Andreas Fuentes was also been named back-to-back SEC Setter of the Week.
Missouri has two more games before SEC play begins, and there are some big ones that could provide a litmus test for this team. The Tigers will play two games in the Baylor Classic this weekend in Waco, Texas. They get No. 5 Baylor on Friday night at 6:00 p.m. and No. 13 Hawaii on Saturday afternoon at 1:00 p.m. Friday’s game is available on ESPN+, by the way. (editor’s note- I heard we have some sort of affiliate link you can go to through Rock M?!? Hmmmm... wonder where you can find that?)
Meanwhile, Missouri soccer is off to a 6-2 start to the season, which includes a sweep over a whole lot of Ohio programs – Ohio State, Cincinnati, Xavier... The Tigers’ only two losses have both been decided by one goal against Loyola Chicago (2-1) and Cal State Fullerton (3-2).
Mizzou begins their SEC soccer slate Friday night at Ole Miss with a 7:00 p.m. kick-off. You can catch all the action on SEC Network+. Tune in!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Film Room: QB Run Predictions, by Tim Bussen
- It’s still early but so far South Carolina is shaping into Missouri’s real SEC rival, writes Brandon Kiley
- South Carolina Gamecocks Offensive Preview, by Nate Edwards
- Notebook: Missouri faces a South Carolina team better than their record shows, by Sean Mackinnon
- PODCAST: In the Opponents Alley talkin’ Florida Gators, with Sam Snelling and GatorCountry.com’s Eric Fawcett
- The Bears beat the Broncos 16-14 on Sunday, but honestly, who cares about that?!? Here’s a picture of Chase Daniel and Drew Lock after the game! (sigh)
- In his latest The True Son Podcast, Brandon Kiley previewed the Mizzou-South Carolina game with Wes Mitchell of Gamecock Central and Brad Trenago of the Mizzou Radio Network.
- Defensive tackle Montra Edwards Jr., who recently decomitted from Missouri, will take his first official visit for Mizzou’s homecoming game.
Taking my first Offical Visit to Missouri When they play Ole Miss Oct 12th.— Montra Edwards Jr. ™️ (@MontraEdwards5) September 19, 2019
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!