Missouri looks to advance to 3-0 for the first time since the Frank Haith era. Follow for live updates...
The Tigers played a dominate second half after nearly letting the Shockers creep back into the game. A strong defensive start helped propel Missouri to their third win in a row.
2nd Half Notes
- Missouri wins 72-62
- Missouri finished 25-52 from the field (48%)
- Mark Smith led all scorers with 19 points
- The Tigers only turned the ball over 4 times in the second half
- Pinson had a team high 6 assists
- Missouri picked up 39 boards
- The Shockers had 15 offensive rebounds, the Tigers had 8
- Missouri shot 73% from the free throw line (16-22)
At the half: The Tigers are hanging on to a 4 point lead. Alterique Gilbert has sliced Missouri’s defense like butter. If the Tigers are going to win this game, he needs to be slowed down. Offensively, the Tigers need to find points from outside the arc and continue to attack the board.
1st Half Notes
- Missouri leads 34-30 at the half
- The Tigers shot 45% from the field
- The Tigers shot 3-12 from three (25%)
- Dru Smith led Missouri with 7 first half points and 5 assists
- Mark Smith had a leading 5 rebounds for the Tigers
- The Tigers out-rebounded the Shockers 20 to 16
- Alterique Gilbert led all scorers with 12 first half points
- Missouri had 7 turnovers, Wichita State had 6
Opponent: Shockers (1-0)
Time: 1:00 p.m. CT
Where: Mizzou Arena
Is Mizzou Receiving Top 25 Votes? No
What Does Vegas Say? Mizzou, -4.5
Where To Watch: ESPN2
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- How many points will Xavier Pinson have in the first half?
- Will Mizzou cover -4.5?
- How many fouls will Jeremiah Tilmon finish the game with?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?