The Missouri Tigers are fresh off a gutsy road victory against the Tennessee Volunteers, and are looking to extend their modest win streak. Tonight, they’ll have to go through a formidable Auburn opponent, led by Sharife Cooper. Follow this thread for updates at the half and post-game.
Second Half Notes:
- Mark Smith opened the half with a three—a rarity tonight
- Missouri took it’s first lead 43-41 early in the second
- The Missouri Tigers headed into the first media timeout of the second half in the middle of a 14-4 run, giving them a 49-43 lead for the time being
- Auburn was able to recover despite losing the lead
- Thanks to a surplus of fouls early in the second, which led to a series of Auburn free-throws, the game was tied back up
- Sharife Cooper got to the line all night
- Dru Smith hit a game-tying three at 62 points— he’s been consist the last few games from deep
- Auburn went on a little run. It was really just Cooper getting fouled a bunch
- Xavier Pinson fouling out with 6 minutes to go was the opposite of what Missouri needed down eight
- Missouri lost due to free throws. They shot 18-27 and missed their last six in a row.
- Dru Smith gave a valiant effort
- Dru had 21 and shot a perfect 8-8 from the line
- The Tigers were out-blocked 13-7
- The Tigers lost 88-82
First Half Notes:
- Missouri got off to a sluggish start and was 1-6 from the field heading into the first media timeout
- Sharife Cooper is really good at getting separation and accurately throwing lobs
- Auburn did a solid job suffocating Pinson at the top of the key, limiting his play
- Jordan Wilmore saw some early minutes and threw one down
- Auburn capitalized on open three point shots and used them to jump out to a double-digit lead with 12 minutes to go in the first
- Through the second media timeout, Missouri was playing at an out of control tempo— just what Auburn wanted
- Missouri quickly jumped out to 7-team fouls, putting Auburn in the 1-and-1
- Tilmon recorded his first bucket halfway through the first half, and missed yet another important open dunk, but still contributed 9 points and 4 rebounds
- Missouri shot a dismal percentage from three (2-11)
- The Tigers got back into the game thanks to a 20-6 run
- Auburn’s largest lead (14) was cut to just 2 but Auburn led 39-35 going into the half
GAMEDAY at Auburn.— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) January 26, 2021
⌚️ 8 PM
Opponent: Tigers (9-7)
Time: 8:00 p.m. CT
Where: Auburn Arena
Is Mizzou Receiving Top 25 Votes? Yes! They’re #12
What Does Vegas Say? Auburn, -2.5
Where To Watch: ESPN2
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- Can Xavier Pinson repeat last game’s numbers?
- Will Jeremiah Tilmon get back in the double-double column?
- Can Missouri force more then 12 turnovers?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?