Mizzou needs to bounce back after a tough loss at Ole Miss on Wednesday. Arkansas is coming in having won their last 5 SEC games, but Mizzou has never lost a Rally for Rhyan game. Will the Tigers keep the streak alive, or will Arkansas come into Mizzou Arena and avenge an early-season loss at home?
- If the Tigers win this game without Tilmonn this instantly becomes one of their most impressive wins of the season.
- Pinson has played with four fouls phenomenally down the stretch. He’s stepped us a leader in Tilly’s absence as well.
- Everyone on the team has stepped up in Tilly’s absence which is exactly what this team needed and they’ve done everything they could.
- That last shot was horrible. It looked chaotic and like they had no gameplan. Pinson looked lost and he was hot but that ball has to be passed.
Second Half Notes
- Coming out of halftime has plagued the Tigers in games this season. They really need to figure something out to come out of intermission stronger.
- Torrence needs more minutes. He has provided a great shooting spark off the bench tonight and that is something this team needs desperately.
- Drew Buggs with 6 points is something that hasn’t happened much this year. If he and Torrence can score off the bench, the Tigers will become much more dangerous offensively.
- With 8 minutes left, Mizzou had made 12 threes, this game has some TCU vibes of both teams just shooting the lights out.
- Xavier Pinson is 5-7 from three, he refuses to put a streak of games together, but when he has it he is close to unstoppable.
- PARKER BRAUN!
- This feels like TCU part 2, only time will tell if the Tigers will deliver this one too.
First Half Notes
- Mitch Smith with two early threes can really open up the game for the Tigers. If he spreads the floor, it will give a different look that teams don’t gameplan for typically.
- After a quick start, the teams quickly lost their touch and it looks like this game could be a very low scoring game.
- Torrence Watson hitting a three is something Mizzou fans have not seen for a while... two of them actually.
- And just like that, both teams started pouring in threes after a very sloppy five minutes.
- Taking a lead into halftime without Tilly is a huge win. It hasn’t always been pretty, but the Rally for Rhyan magic seems to be rolling still.
Breaking News Out of Columbia Before Tip Off
BREAKING: #Mizzou will be without center Jeremiah Tilmon against Arkansas today, the team has confirmed. Tilmon is away from the team due to a death in the family. He had 25 points and 11 rebounds in the first matchup against Arkansas this season. https://t.co/HpUHgYP6Kb— Mitchell Forde (@Mitchell4D) February 13, 2021
Opponent: Razorbacks (15-5)
Time: 3:00 p.m. CT
Where: Mizzou Arena, Columbia, MO
Is Mizzou Receiving Top 25 Votes? Yes! They’re No. 10
What Does Vegas Say? Mizzou, -2.5
Where To Watch: ESPN2 | WatchESPN
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- Do the Tigers cover?
- Will Xavier Pinson bounce back?
- Who will lead the Tigers in scoring?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?
- How will Tilmon’s absence affect the Tigers?