The Tigers are in dire need of a win tonight, however will be without big-man Jeremiah Tilmon for the second game in a row. Can the Tigers knock of a good Bulldog team on the road?
Second Half Notes
- Mitch Smith opened the scoring for Missouri
- The Tigers were aggressive out the gate, getting to the line twice in the opening two minutes, forcing a Georgia timeout
- Georgia had three turnovers in their first three possessions
- Missouri opened the half with a 9-0 run, Mark Smith hit a three to put the Tigers up 13
- Missouri’s transition game looked dominate to open the half and the Tigers held the Bulldogs without a field goal through the first media timeout
- Mark Smith picked up his fourth foul early, which gave Torrence Watson some action
- Missouri only had five first half team fouls, but they had six in through six minutes in the second
- Georgia rallied and cut into Missouri’s lead, and by the halfway point through the second had things tied up at 53
- The Bulldogs were scorching from deep (4-4 to start), and took the lead with under eight to play
- Momentum was in the favor of the Bulldogs after Dru Smith picked up his third personal
- The Tigers looked lost on offense in the closing minutes, as Georgia continued to extend their lead
- Missouri’s 13 point second half lead evaporated quick, as the Bulldogs led by double digits with under a minute to go
- Missouri lost 80-70 and dropped their third straight
First Half Notes
- Missouri opened with five threes in the first three minutes
- Missouri is going to have to keep the hot-hand from deep without Tilmon
- Georgia opened the game shooting well from the field, as the Bulldogs led 11-8 at the first media timeout
- Mark Smith opened the game well and had five rebounds in the first half— three offensive
- Justin Kier had a solid start for the bulldogs with 10 points on 4-4 shooting
- Missouri’s defense came to life before the second media timeout and cut the Bulldog’s lead to one
- Parker Braun was active on defense. He didn’t put up an absurd state line, but his presence helped keep Georgia in check
- Missouri was fueled by an 11-0 run down the stretch to put them out in front
- Kobe Brown made a statement in the first half, with 13 points and 2 blocks
- Missouri led 37-33 at the half
- Missouri shot 14-33 from the field (42%)
- 3-14 from three (21%)
Opponent: Bulldogs (12-8)
Time: 6:00 p.m. CT
Where: Athens, Georgia
Is Mizzou Receiving Top 25 Votes? Yes! They’re #20
What Does Vegas Say? Mizzou, -3.5
Where To Watch: SEC Network + | WatchESPN
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- How many minutes for Parker Braun tonight?
- Will Missouri stay hot from three?
- Who scores more between X, Dru, and Mark?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?