Missouri looks to snap their three game skid and get back in the win column on the road against a crippled South Carolina.
Second Half Notes
- Xavier Pinson kept the scoring rolling for Missouri to open the second half
- Missouri opened a bit stagnant on offense, as South Carolina trimmed the lead to 10 points before the first media break
- AJ Lawson found his stroke from deep to begin the second, nailing a couple deep balls early
- Javon Pickett tweaked something in his ankle, which ultimately sidelined him
- Tilmon had a much better day at the charity stripe and drained all seven of his free throws
- This game was arguably Mark Smith’s best offensive game since late November
- The Tigers pulled away around the halfway mark, extending their lead to 20 points
- Tilmon recorded 17 points on 100% shooting from the field
- The Tigers had 5 players in double digits
First Half Notes
- Missouri opened the game hot from the field
- Kobe Brown continued to shoot the ball well to begin play today
- Mark Smith hit a couple early three pointers this afternoon
- Missouri opened the game shooting the three ball with confidence, and shot an efficient 6-13 in the first half
- Defensively, Missouri looked very disciplined though South Carolina forced multiple tough shots and shot a poor percentage from the field (28%)
- Dru Smith had an impressive first half with 8 points and 5 assists
- Tilmon recorded his first field goal late in the first half on an and-one conversion to put him at five points total in the half
- Missouri shot an impressive 50% from the field
- South Carolina hit a three as time expired in the half
Opponent: Gamecocks (5-10)
Time: 1:00 p.m. CT
Where: Columbia, SC
Is Mizzou Receiving Top 25 Votes? Yes! They’re #20
What Does Vegas Say? Mizzou, -3.5
Where To Watch: ESPN 2
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- How will Tilmon perform after missing the last two matchups?
- Whose your leading scorer at the half for the Tigers?
- Odds Missouri blows another second half lead?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?