The Tigers look to get revenge in tonight’s rematch versus the Ole Miss Rebels and extend their win steak to two games.
Missouri lost 60-53. The Tigers were locked down by the Rebels.
Second Half Notes:
- Missouri did not come out the gates with much conviction, and the Rebels extended their lead to 13
- Kobe Brown settled in offensively and cut the Rebels lead
- Missouri regained the momentum after they cut the Rebels’ lead down to five, forcing Kermit Davis to burn a timeout
- Missouri battled on defense, despite a rocky start to the half— they held the Rebels without a field goal for over eight minutes
- Torrence Watson put in some good minutes for the Tigers
- Missouri took their first lead of the game with under ten minutes to play in the second half after Jeremiah Tilmon sunk a hook shot
- Missouri went on a 15-2 lead to take the lead
- Going into the third media timeout of the half, the game was tied at 43
- Defense continued to be the biggest factor in today’s outing as the game entered crunch time
- Xavier Pinson was virtually nowhere to be found for the entire night — he finished with 2 points
- With under a minutes to go, Ole Miss had a 54-50 lead and possession heading into a 1-and-1
- Following two makes for Ole Miss, Missouri turned the ball over on the ensuing possession, which was nail in the coffin
- Tigers were 6-11 on the free throw line
First Half Notes:
- Missouri returned to it’s normal starting lineup: X, Dru, Tilmon, Mark and Kobe
- Ole Miss jumped out to a hot start shooting the ball and took an early 7-2 lead
- Mark Smith canned his first two threes of the night
- Missouri came out the first media timeout very sloppy, turning the ball over multiple times
- Jeremiah Tilmon was effective down low early, but didn’t see as much action— 4 points through the second media timeout
- The Rebels were scoreless for a three minute stretch, which allowed the Tigers to tie things up
- Both Missouri and Ole Miss traded sloppy possessions sown the stretch
- The Rebels dominated the boards on offense
FG: Miz- 32% Ole Miss- 41%
Opponent: Rebels (12-9)
Time: 8:00 p.m. CT
Where: Columbia, MO
Is Mizzou Receiving Top 25 Votes? Yes! They’re #24
What Does Vegas Say? Mizzou, -3.5
Where To Watch: SEC Network + | WatchESPN
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- Can Mark Smith repeat last games performance?
- How many Tigers will score in the double digits
- How many blocks will there be tonight?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?