It would’ve been far-fetched to say that Mizzou would need a good stretch run to ensure they make the NCAA tournament, but it’s no longer two weeks ago. Now the Tigers are traveling to Gainesville in desperate need of a boost to morale and their resume. Follow along for updates at halftime and after the game.
Second Half Notes
- This game has been back and forth for most of it. I think there's a good chance it’s decided in the last 30 seconds.
- Tilmon is the best player on this team and it’s not close, but his missed FTs are so demoralizing. It feels like he just leaves so many points at the line even though his production is still great.
- Despite all I’ve said about Pinson, he has shot it well this game, but there’s still something to be found in the lane for him.
- Mitch Smith has played extremely well this game with Kobe Brown in foul trouble, but the Tigers really need Brown to figure out his foul trouble for the postseason.
- Pinson had a great finish for the first time this game with about 4 minutes left, and that’s exactly what he needs to keep doing. Cutting through the defense like that will allow him to play better, open up shots for others, and force defenders to give him more space on the perimeter.
- The way the Tigers closed this game was abysmal. It looks like they started playing not to lose, instead of trying to finish Florida when they were up 8.
- DRU SMITH! Are the Tigers back?
First Half Notes
- After giving up the first seven points of the game it felt like it would be more of the same from the Tigers, but by responding well, it at least caught me off guard. Hopefully, they can keep it going for the rest of the game.
- Every night, Dru Smith and Jeremiah Tilmon are going to give you great games, and this is just another example. But the Tigers need one more consistent guy if they want to get back to playing well, and that missing piece is Xavier Pinson. He’s disappeared recently and currently, he's 1-4 from the field. He needs to focus more on driving to the basket to get his rhythm back because he spends too much time on the perimeter.
- Florida is started 10-15 which seems worrisome, but Mizzou has been getting their stops with turnovers so it’s not as concerning as it originally seemed.
- Pinson got hot from three momentarily, but I still think for him to reach his max potential, he has to drive more. I think he's driven maybe twice this game.
- That was one of the better halves the Tigers have played recently as they shot it very well, and their defense was great from start to finish. They forced 15 turnovers that half, and Dru Smith alone has 5 steals.
Opponent: Gators (13-6)
Time: 5:30 p.m. CT
Where: Exactech Arena at Stephen C. O’Connell Center, Gainesville, FL
Is Mizzou Receiving Top 25 Votes? Yes, but they are unranked.
What Does Vegas Say? Mizzou, +4.5
Where To Watch: SEC Network | WatchESPN
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- Who will lead the team in scoring?
- Will Tilmon have a double-double?
- Is this the most important game of the Tigers season so far?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?