The Tigers welcome LSU for senior night as both grapple for NCAA seeding. The opposing Tigers are a formidable force led by freshman sensation Cam Thomas, but Mizzou has the experience and emotions always ride high on senior night? Will Mizzou add another resume-boosting win? Or will the Bayou Bengals ruin the evening at Mizzou Arena?
Second Half Notes
- What was Mark Smith trying to do on that dunk? It ended up working out, but it was strange because for a moment he thought he was Dominique.
- If Mizzou can pull this out and can rattle off a couple wins in the SEC tournament, I could be convinced that they are a dangerous tournament team.
- Although Mizzou hasn’t done a great job of limiting Cam Thomas, they have done a good job of limiting the rest of the team and getting them in foul trouble.
- This feels like a game that is coming down to the final 30 secs or going to OT.
- Cam Thomas is very good. That is all.
- LSU has shot an absurd percentage this game. It seems like every shot they’ve put up has gone in.
- Mizzou fought hard but LSU just shot it better, that was the story of this game. LSU shot 51.7% and Mizzou shot 37.1%.
- In the second half alone, LSU was over 60%.
- This team’s chance to win tourney games looks very bleak right now. This whole season has done a complete 180 in 3 weeks.
First Half Notes
- Early on, it looks like the Mizzou is making a very concerted effort to get to the basket. I think that bodes well for their chances and will open up opportunities from 3.
- In the last 5 games, it feels like Dru Smith hasn’t missed an open three.
- In the middle of this first half, Mizzou’s offense looks very stagnant. There is a lot of standing, and it seems like Dru Smith is the only one really working.
- Torrence Watson scoring off the bench bodes well for the Tigers to make a comeback. Any bench points for the Tigers are huge.
- It feels like any time the Tigers hit a big shot LSU answers immediately.
- DRU BUGGS looks like he wants to make the most of his senior night. 7 early point could be the most he's scored all year.
- Torrence needs more minutes, plain and simple. In games that he’s had decent minutes, he’s had good production off the bench.
- Going into the half tied after that half is a big win. Hopefully, they keep the momentum going.
- Torrence is our leading scorer at intermission, who’d have thought?
Opponent: Tigers (15-8)
Time: 2:00 p.m. CT
Where: Mizzou Arena, Columbia, Mo
Is Mizzou Receiving Top 25 Votes? Yes, but they’re not ranked
What Does Vegas Say? Mizzou, -2.5
Where To Watch: SEC Network | WatchESPN
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- Will the Tigers keep Cam Thomas under 20?
- If Mizzou wins today, does that mean they’re back?
- Which Senior will have the biggest game today?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?