We here at Rock M Nation wish you a Happy New Year!
I hope everyone had a wonderful end to 2019, and Rock M is so thankful for your readership!
I don’t want to keep y’all from your New Year’s Day celebrations, good food, bowl game viewing, sleeping (in my case) etc., so without further ado, here’s your first day of 2020 links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Tuesday’s Top Mizzou Moment focused on Henry Josey’s role in helping to clinch the SEC East in 2013. I highly encourage you to check out the hard work Josh (& Sam) have put in on this project.
- Ryan wrote a sidebar about the hoops blowout, saying that while we don’t know if this kind of offense is sustainable, we do know what to expect defensively going into SEC play.
- Site Manager Sam was back with a new study hall for the Chicago State game, and it was a good one. Welcome back, Torrence Watson! Feels good to (hopefully) have our 3-point shooting back on track as we get into conference play this weekend (!!).
- PowerMizzou (free): Gabe continued on with PM’s Top 10 of the 2010s, this time focusing on top athletes. Check it out and compare it to Rock M’s own list, as Gabe has included a few names we didn’t. Mitchell continued his roster review, looking at the defensive ends.
- The Athletic ($$): Peter Baugh conducted a Q&A with one of my all-time faves, Shane Ray! They looked back at his unforgettable Mizzou moments from the 2010s.
- Looks like Coach Drink took some time to meet with Mizzou great (and StL BattleHawk, LDW)! Love to see it.
- Drew Lock news round-up: Broncos Briefs- Drew’s biggest takeaways (Denver Post- best wishes getting to the article- they have their posts super locked down). Drew calls his 10-week exile on IR a blessing in disguise (SI.com Mile High Huddle). Broncos have reason for hope headed into 2020 (The Daily Sentinel). Vic Fangio discusses Lock’s offseason— video (broncos.com). Drew reflects upon his roller coaster rookie season— video (broncos.com).
- Clevelandbrowns.com: Anthony Poisal wrote that ‘Good Guy’ Sheldon Richardson maintains positivity despite adversity-filled first season with Browns.
- The Chicago Bears have relieved much of their offensive staff of their coaching duties, including former Mizzou player, Brock Olivo, who was a special teams assistant, according to WGN Bears insider, Adam Hoge.
- Congrats, Emanuel Hall and Paul Adams!
The Redskins announced they signed players to Reserve/Future contracts:— Ben Standig (@BenStandig) December 30, 2019
T Paul Adams, DE Ryan Bee, WR Emanuel Hall, DE Cameron Malveaux, WR Jordan Veasy
- Chase! Testing out those broadcasting chops early Friday morning!
Ok guys…I’m going to be hosting @GolicAndWingo live in-studio this Friday from 6-8am CT!! Can’t wait to get up to Bristol to talk ALL things Wild Card Weekend!! Make sure you tune in to @ESPNRadio & watch on @espn— Chase Daniel (@ChaseDaniel) December 31, 2019
- PowerMizzou (free): Gabe published his And-One piece, stating that the final tune-up teaches us little about the Tigers.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Gordo put out a new ranking of area teams, and all I have to say about that is... blech.
- Choose Your Own Chicago State Gamer: Dave Matter (St. Louis Post-Dispatch). Souichi Terada (KC Star). Brian Napier (Columbia Missourian).
- Love to see it!
- Interested in seeing the Tigers play on home game Saturdays in 2020? They’ve got a New Year’s deal for you (except Florida)!
- The # 1 choice of the Top 10 Countdown of the #CoachPDecade was revealed, and it was the 2018 win over No. 11 Tennessee!
#CoachPDecade Top-10 - No. 1️⃣— Mizzou Basketball (@MizzouWBB) December 31, 2019
A win over the Lady Vols and a #Mizzou Arena record 11,092 fans in the stands!
A closer look at the top #Mizzou moment of the decade ⤵️#MIZ #OurTownOurTeam pic.twitter.com/2VPtBNUoi3
- Jordan Clarkson news round-up: Jordan Clarkson was brought in to boost the Jazz bench, and BOY, HAS HE EVER (Salt Lake Tribune). How JC, in 3 games, has changed the Jazz’s bench (Deseret News).
- Michael Porter Jr news round-up: In order to start, MPJ had to pass the most important test- playing defense (NBA.com). Mike is finding his groove (Yahoo Sports). MPJ’s potential has finally emerged (Action Network).
- And finally, an assortment of decade retrospectives and Happy New Year wishes from various Mizzou teams!
As we cruise into 2020, we look back at the last decade.— Mizzou Track & Field (@MizzouTFXC) December 31, 2019
Since the 2010-11 season:
1️⃣ Collegiate Record
2️⃣ Top-10 NCAA Team Finishes
4️⃣ T-10 NCAA All-Time Marks
7️⃣ T-20 NCAA Team Finishes
7️⃣ NCAA Champions
6️⃣8️⃣ School Records
7️⃣8️⃣ All-Americans#MIZ #TigerTough pic.twitter.com/9VtEi5PsG5
The turns to 2020 tomorrow...— Mizzou Volleyball (@MizzouVB) December 31, 2019
What a decade 2010-19 was❗️
▪️ 235-94 (.714) record
▪️ 8 NCAA Tournaments
▪️ 3 Sweet 16 appearances
▪️ 17 All-Americans
▪️ 23 All-Region selections
▪️ 33 All-Conference honorees#MIZ #ShowMe pic.twitter.com/vgy1dnuI4V
Happy New Year from the Tiger Scholarship Fund team! pic.twitter.com/ZdSCLrP5AB— TigerScholarshipFund (@MizzouTSF) January 1, 2020
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)