Basking in the glow of a big basketball win
While Missouri’s 91-75 drubbing of the Florida Gators won’t lock up a place for the Tigers in March, it certainly doesn’t hurt Missouri’s case. After two disappointing losses to open SEC play, Saturday’s beat down was just what the team (and the fans) needed to inject some optimism into a season that’s nearly halfway finished. Most of Sunday’s beat was dedicated to reveling in and reflecting on the victory.
- In his Sunday column, Gabe DeArmond wrote about the loss of Jeremiah Tilmon and how it forced Missouri’s players to find a new offensive identity. DeArmond and Mitchell Forde also teamed up to cover the highs and lows of Missouri’s win.
- Ben Frederickson at the Post-Dispatch wrote about how Missouri is finally living up to its self-proclaimed ‘Big Guard U’ moniker.
- Kevin Graeler at The Columbia Tribune explains how Missouri’s win was the perfect storm of good luck and breakout performance.
- The Tigers may still be 1-2 in conference play, but their offense is trending in the right direction.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Just when you think you know, you’re about to be proven wrong
- Xavier Pinson’s dunk gave the Tigers the energy in big win over Florida
- Coach Drinkwitz is still hot on the trail of the 2020 recruiting class, setting up a visit with an OL recruit currently committed to Southern Miss. PowerMizzou subscribers can read about it here.
- The Missouri women didn’t have as great a weekend as the men, dropping a road date against No. 21 Arkansas 90-73.
- #TigerStyle had a tough Sunday as well, losing its match to No. 14 Northern Iowa.
- [flex emoji]
- The Columbia Missourian is looking back on the 2010s, and wrote about its choices for the Top 5 basketball games of the decade.
- Mizzou great Max Scherzer was in town to talk to the baseball team. I don’t know... seems like he would have some pretty interesting advice, right?
- A number of football recruits announced new offers from Mizzou on Sunday. You can check our Twitter feed to see some of those announcements.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)