One yard short.
Back on January 30th, 2000, the ST. LOUIS Rams won Super Bowl XXXIV 23-16 over the Tennessee Titans, thanks to the game saving “The Tackle” by former Missouri Tiger Mike Jones, capping off one of the best finishes in Super Bowl history.
It’s up for the greatest moment in NFL history, the Mizzou Football account tweeted out yesterday.
You can vote for it right here. Yeah, only problem is that it gives credit to the Los Angeles Rams. Clearly, the St. Louis Rams won that Super Bowl.
With no postseason to play for, Mizzou Softball was picked to finish 10th in the SEC as the preseason poll was released yesterday.
Larissa Anderson’s squad is no stranger to adversity, though, the team account reminded us.
The 2020 Mizzou Softball seasons begins on February 7th against Notre Dame and the Tigers’ SEC slate starts on March 6th as they host Ole Miss. Time to chase after that SEC regular season title!
In NBA action, Michael Porter Jr. had A NIGHT! In the Nuggets 100-86 win over the Hornets, MPJ had 19 points and eight rebounds.
17 of those points came in just EIGHT minutes.
MPJ has 17 points in just 8 minutes of play!— Denver Nuggets (@nuggets) January 16, 2020
The talent is UNREAL! pic.twitter.com/LPC8k30ldm
To the links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Josh Matejka looks back at Missouri’s 2014 win at Florida in the Top Mizzou Moments of 2010
- Sam Snelling has the Study Hall after Missouri’s 72-45 loss in Starkville. Woof.
- As expected, a not so positive development in the Joshua Christopher recruitment, as Corey Evans says that Michigan is now the leader. However, a Mizzou visit is still in the plans.
- Lots of good information here from The Athletic’s Peter Baugh in his latest mailbag ($$)
- The Mizzou Baseball team begins their first official practice today and the Tigers have added a total of 17 newcomers to their roster this season
- From the Prep Baseball Report, here’s a spotlight page on Mizzou OF commit C.J. Cepicky, the No. 2 recruit in the state of Missouri
- The Mizzou Women’s Basketball team hosts No. 1/No. 2 South Carolina tonight. Here’s a preview from MUTigers.com.
- Congrats to Mizzou Women’s Basketball commit Jayla Kelly being named a McDonald’s All-American nominee!
- Holy cow, here’s an impressive grade on Jordan Elliott from PFF College.
Jordan Elliott: The only Power-5 interior defender with 90.0+ run-defense AND pass-rush grades pic.twitter.com/IPY0DkVAyF— PFF College (@PFF_College) January 15, 2020
- The Mizzou Women’s Basketball team spent the day yesterday at MU Health Care Children’s Hospital.
- From ABC17’s Tyler Murry, Robin Pingeton said, “We got really spoiled with Sophie.”
The Mizzou women's basketball team has struggled this season to find that one voice, that one leader to turn to when things get tough. Robin Pingeton spelled it out today as she looks for more from her team.— Tyler Murry (@TylerMurryABC17) January 15, 2020
"We got really spoiled with Sophie."
: https://t.co/GiuvGvu6s9 pic.twitter.com/Cj09P8jMXU
- Here’s Mizzou commit J.J. Hester on the U.S. National Football Team.
- Bouncing back on Saturday at Alabama would be ideal!
- Mizzou target Ennis Rakestraw Jr. will be in Columbia on Friday
Friday I’ll be in Columbia pic.twitter.com/EMUXAnmVMU— Ennis Rakestraw Jr (@EnnisRakestraw) January 16, 2020
- Mizzou ends up 70th in the final The Athletic 130 rankings of the season ($$)
- For every three she makes the rest of the season for WNBL’s Melbourne Boomer, Sophie Cunningham will donate $25 to the Australian Red Cross. More info here.
- Mizzou Women’s Basketball sends their thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by the fires in Australia.
Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by the fires in Australia. pic.twitter.com/zMDxsNdd5j— Mizzou Basketball (@MizzouWBB) January 15, 2020
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)