FINAL: Missouri is outscored 16-4 in the final 6:23 of regulation and falls to Alabama 88-74.
3:23 2H: Really, it just feels like the same thing all over again. It looks like Missouri might be faltering down the stretch yet again. The Tigers cannot hit open looks and have missed multiple shots at the rim while the Tide get a clutch three from John Petty, Jr. Alabama leads 80-72.
7:34 2H: Missouri needs to make its move soon, as this game is there for the taking. Alabama is dealing with major foul trouble across the board, leading by five. Pinson will go to the line to shoot two free throws.
11:26 2H: Just like that, Missouri is within three. Mark Smith gets a nice floater to go in transition. Missouri is pushing the pace and finding success, despite struggles on defense.
15:55 2H: Xavier Pinson hits two free throws to get Missouri within 10. The Tigers have struggled to get stops all game, and the Tide have had control for most of the afternoon.
HALF: Alabama leads 47-40. Wow. Missouri went 21-21 from the line during the first half. Free throws have kept Missouri in it. A long scoring drought and struggles defending the three point line are the reasons why Alabama leads by seven, but the Tigers are still in it.
3:45 1H: Alabama’s lead is back to 10. The Tide are getting to the line and making the right plays offensively at the moment.
7:45 1H: Missouri has gone 10 minutes without a field goal. Alabama leads 25-17, a lead that seems like it should be bigger.
11:22 1H: Dru Smith is fouled and will go to the free throw line. Alabama leads 16-11, and Missouri needs to find some more offense.
Mizzou faces an Alabama squad in Tuscaloosa fresh off a win over Auburn. The Tigers need this one, a game played four days after the ugliest loss of the Cuonzo Martin era.
Gameday at Alabama!— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) January 18, 2020
⌚️ 2:30 PM CT
@KTGRsports #ToTheFinishLine pic.twitter.com/mKNxT0Bf6A
Opponent: Crimson Tide (9-7)
Time: 2:30 p.m. CT
Where: Coleman Coliseum, Tuscaloosa, Arkansas
Is Mizzou Receiving Top 25 Votes? Yes! They’re ###
What Does Vegas Say? Alabama, -6.5
Where To Watch: SEC Network | WatchESPN
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- Was Missouri’s shooting against Florida truly a fluke, or will the Tigers pick it back up today against the Tide?
- How many minutes does Axel Okungo see?
- How many points does Dru Smith score off one of his worst outings as a Tiger?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?