The Mizzou Men’s Basketball team has set a date for the Rally for Rhyan game.
The fifth annual Rally for Rhyan game will be on Saturday, February 8th against the Arkansas Razorbacks. It will also be a gold rush game, and tip-off is set for 2:30 p.m. CT. More info here:
This is your official SAVE THE DATE! pic.twitter.com/KApwlPRBLa— RallyforRhyan (@RallyforRhyan) January 22, 2020
Missouri is a perfect 4-0 all time in Rally for Rhyan games, including a win over Arkansas.
Sticking with hoops here... while the Mizzou Women’s Basketball team is also going through a challenging season in the post-Sophie Cunningham era, here is an awesome feature on star freshman Aijha Blackwell and her journey to Mizzou. Trust me, it’s a must-watch.
“The sky is the limit for what she can accomplish,” Robin Pingeton said. Blackwell certainly has a bright future ahead.
The Mizzou football coaching staff was on the road recruiting on Wednesday with some IN-HOME visits in the state of Mississippi. Here’s Eli Drinkwitz and Marcus Johnson with defensive lineman target Dylan Spencer.
And here’s Eli Drinkwitz, Brick Haley, and Marcus Johnson with Mizzou commit Montra Edwards, Jr.
Let’s get to the links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Brandon Kiley writes that Mizzou’s new coaching staff titles bring more questions than answers
- Missouri live and died by the three in loss to Texas A&M, writes Ryan Herrera
- Sam Snelling has the Study Hall after Missouri’s 66-64 loss to Texas A&M (man, this one stung)
- Unfortunately, another Michael Porter Jr. injury update. He didn’t play Wednesday night against the Rockets with back tightness and has been ruled day-to-day.
Nuggets forward Michael Porter Jr. is unlikely to play against the Rockets due to back tightness that he experienced during his pregame routine. He's expected to be day to day.— Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) January 22, 2020
- Former Mizzou baseball outfielder Trey Harris is a non-roster Spring Training invite with the Atlanta Braves. Congrats, Trey! However, the recent addition of StL outfielder Marcell Ozuna creates a bit of an uphill climb.
- Mizzou’s Big 12/SEC Challenge game against West Virginia on Saturday is at 11:00 a.m. CT on ESPN
- Jordan Elliott (28th) and Nick Bolton (43rd) have made Pro Football Focus’ list of the 101 best college football players in the 2019 season
- ($$) — The Athletic’s Peter Baugh projects Missouri’s defensive depth chart for the 2020 season
- And-One: Third straight loss another low point for Mizzou, writes Gabe DeArmond and Mitchell Forde (free)
- From PowerMizzou’s Pete Scantlebury: Voice of the Scantlebury: The death of a sports fan
- A LONG way to go here, but Mizzou is in the running for one of the best quarterbacks in the 2022 class; Myles Morris from Carrollton, Georgia.
Is Missouri trending for one of the top QBs? I dropped off some notes on an elite talent after spending time with him while on the road today at https://t.co/oHnrbofA8T.#Mizzou @GabeDeArmond @SeanW_Rivals @PowerMizzoucom— Chad Simmons (@ChadSimmons_) January 22, 2020
Get more on this here: https://t.co/Sq6F97v6C3
- Mizzou Baseball’s first pitch dinner for the upcoming season is Friday night with special guests Randy Flores and Aaron Crow. You can register here!
- Mizzou Women’s Basketball has an alumni reunion day on Sunday, February 16th against Florida.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)