Missouri could sure use a win!!
On January 11, Missouri put up one of the most dominating performances in the SEC basketball season so far, thumping Florida to the tune of 91-75. In the ensuing 16 days, Missouri has gone 0-4 and been outscored by an average of 75-59. They’re 1-4 in SEC play, below .500 on the season and now look to be fighting just to get a taste of any meaningful postseason play.
Boy howdy, they (and we, by extension) sure could use a win, huh?
- Dave Matter at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch pointed out how this weekend’s Big XII/SEC Challenge revealed the real upper tier of the SEC in this unholy, chaotic basketball season.
- The Columbia Tribune looked ahead to tonight’s game and made some guesses on how the Tigers can get back in the win column.
- PowerMizzou did a by the numbers breakdown of tonight’s match up for its subscribers as well.
- Our official game preview will be up later this morning. In the meantime, enjoy this delightful Adam Driver sketch from last week’s Saturday Night Live.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Florida linebacker commits to Missouri after weekend visit
- Offseason Recruiting Reset: Hazelton provides Drinkwitz a “touchdown maker”
- Losing a legend
- Recent Missouri transfer Mario McKinney Jr. has officially enrolled at a junior college, where he’ll prepare to re-enter Division I basketball in 2021-2022. Good luck, Mario!
- PowerMizzou subscribers can get their usual access to Gabe’s Monday morning thoughts as well as a roundup of the weekend recruiting efforts.
- Stewart Mandel graded all of the offseason college football hires and (spoiler alert), he is not a fan of Missouri’s new head coach. You’ll need a subscription to read his thoughts, but fair warning, they aren’t exactly positive.
- Congrats to all the Mizzou alumni who officially made XFL rosters on Tuesday!
Former Missouri receivers Marcus Lucas and L'Damian Washington are on the STL BattleHawks 52-man roster.— Max Baker (@maxbaker_15) January 27, 2020
Defensive tackle Walter Palmore and defensive end Kony Ealy make the Houston Roughnecks roster.
Defensive ends Marcel Frazier and Jacquies Smith will play for the Seattle.
- In basketball recruiting news, Missouri is hot on the heels of a four-star small forward to add to the 2020 class.
Mizzou will send staff in on Friday for four-star senior Donovan Williams, a source told @Stockrisers. It could be Cuonzo Martin, if not, an assistant.— Jake (@jakeweingarten) January 27, 2020
- M! I! Z!
Beat! k! U!
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)