Who is going to be the next “Field General” quarterback to play at Mizzou? Shawn Robinson? Connor Bazelak? Brady Cook?
Head coach Eli Drinkwitz tweeted out a pretty nice looking graphic of five Missouri quarterbacks from this past decade.
Under Brad Smith, Chase Daniel, Blaine Gabbert, James Franklin, and Drew Lock, Missouri went to 11 bowl games, won three division titles, and had four 10+ win seasons. Not too shabby.
In case if you missed it yesterday, defensive lineman Montra Edwards Jr. officially announced his commitment to Missouri via Twitter.
This was pretty much expected for quite some time now, but now it’s official. With the Edwards commitment, Missouri has moved up to No. 70 in the Rivals and 247Sports recruiting class rankings, if you’re into that kind of thing.
While the College Football season is coming to a close, there are some All-Star bowl games coming up this month, and a lot of Mizzou players will be participating in them. DeMarkus Acy, Kelly Bryant, Yasir Durant, Johnathon Johnson, and Tre’Vour Wallace-Simms will be playing in the East-West Shrine Bowl on January 18th. Richaud Floyd and Ronnell Perkins will be in the FBS Spiral Tropical Bowl on January 12th.
And after the 69-59 loss to Tennessee on Tuesday, Saturday night’s game against Florida just became even more critical. It’s pretty much a must-win game now, because the Tigers simply can’t afford an 0-3 start to begin SEC play, so Mizzou Basketball is issuing a black out at Mizzou Arena. There’s still plenty of season left, but Missouri desperately needs this one to stop the bleeding.
Nothing much from Michael Porter Jr. (2 pts, 3 rebounds) in Denver’s 107-106 win over Dallas on ESPN last night, so let’s get to the links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Matthew Antonic writes about Missouri’s frontcourt performance after the injury to Jeremiah Tilmon.
- Brandon Kiley writes that it was a good year for former Mizzou stars in the NFL this season.
- Sam Snelling has the Study Hall after Missouri’s 69-59 home loss to Tennessee (ugh).
- Montra Edwards officially back in the 2020 recruiting class (updated as he officially announced his commitment).
- Here’s a new episode of Inside The Huddle with Jim Sterk on YouTube, from Mizzou Athletics.
- Mizzou has hired Tori Schoonover as director of recruiting operations, according to Dave Matter.
- Mizzou Women’s Basketball has a big opportunity at home vs No. 12/13 Mississippi State. Here’s a preview on MUTigers.com.
- We’re officially one week away until Mizzou Baseball practice? Well, that’s pretty wild to think about.
- The Mizzou Women’s Basketball team made a trip to MU Health Care Children’s Hospital yesterday before practice.
- From ABC17’s Andrew Kauffman, Mizzou senior guard Jordan Roundtree said that, “we came ready to work” after coming back from Winter Break.
Watch: #Mizzou guard @JRound22 says the Tigers came back from Winter Break with a different level of intensity. MU will need to be at the top of its game if it wants to upset No. 13 Miss. State on Thursday night.— Andrew Kauffman (@AndrewABC17) January 8, 2020
"We came ready to work."
More : https://t.co/1T7KL8kkAc pic.twitter.com/YSPGCaP9Rf
- Mizzou lands commitment from D-lineman Montra Edwards Jr., writes STLToday’s Dave Matter.
- PowerMizzou’s Sean Williams writes that Second time’s the charm for Montra Edwards and Mizzou (subscribers)
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)