Who’s ready for some more Missouri Football?
As it stands this morning, we’ve endured 9 days without Mizzou Football. Nine whole days — 216+ hours — have passed since the Missouri Tigers shocked the college football world by taking down the defending national champion LSU Tigers.
It obviously wasn’t supposed to be this way, but there’s this thing happening in the world that I’m sure y’all know well enough about. It breaks engagements and reshuffles plans and is just generally chaotic. I’m very excited for the time when it’s not here anymore.
Anyway, after some shuffling of schedules, the Missouri Tigers are headed back to the field this Saturday to play some gosh dang football. The worst part about the whole thing? That we have to wait another 3+ days to watch it happen. In the meantime, sate your thirst for Tiger football with these links.
- Ready to be back in the midst of game week? Souichi Terada is, and he gave Missouri fans Five Things to Know for Saturday’s game against Kentucky.
- The Lexington Herald-Leader previewed this weekend’s match up from the perspective of Kentuckians, who seem to be thrilled with last week’s domination of Tennessee (who wouldn’t be, right?)
- In an interview with a local radio station, Mark Stoops addressed Kentucky’s five-game winning streak against Missouri in a very blunt matter — “I mean, truthfully, it means nothing.”
- More than a week removed from Mizzou’s shocking win over LSU, Eric Blum relived the play of the game at the Columbia Tribune: Joshuah Bledsoe’s superman-dive pass break up.
Yesterday at Rock M
- UPDATED: Scholarship Count
- How Can Missouri win the SEC East?
- SBNation Reacts: All the sudden we’re LOVING everything
- Rounding out yesterday’s Mizzou in the NFL recap, Aldon Smith registered 3 tackles and a defended pass in the Cowboys’ loss to Arizona.
Oh, and speaking of Mizzou Tigers in the NFL, Yasir Durant appears to have made his official debut with the Chiefs.
Yasir Durant, No. 79 on the Chiefs, has been in the game on field goal protection. He’s officially made his NFL debut.— Peter Baugh (@Peter_Baugh) October 19, 2020
Durant started three years at tackle at Mizzou. pic.twitter.com/komLXCWjjz
- Summing circle around, “Damarea Crockett to the Broncos”
RB Damarea Crockett is visiting Broncos per source. He was Missouri teammate of Drew Lock/Albert O.— Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) October 19, 2020
Crockett was undrafted rookie last year who has been with Texans, Raiders, Packers. Crockett started testing today so he still has a few days before he clears protocol. #9sports
- You can head over to PowerMizzou and check out how Mizzou’s 2021 commits fared in high school action this week. If you subscribe, you can also read Gabe’s Monday morning thoughts and an interview with a big-time 2022 Mizzou recruit on his recruiting process so far.
- Are you an Athletic subscriber and wanting to get in on Peter Baugh’s next Q&A? Hit him up.
- Mizzou Volleyball is ranked No. 7 to start the coming season, and they’re kicking off their year in Alabama this week.
- Former Tiger head coach Barry Odom was named by the Godfather himself as the nation’s top assistant coach at this point in the young college football season.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)