Tyler Macon will be here before you know it, and other Mizzou Football headlines
Looks like QB commit, Tyler Macon, plans to enroll in January, according to Peter Baugh of The Athletic. He will join Travion Ford, who announced within the last few weeks that he too wasn’t waiting until summer to get on campus.
QB recruit Tyler Macon (East St. Louis) has decided to enroll early at Mizzou, he tells @TheAthleticCFB, and will start school in January.— Peter Baugh (@Peter_Baugh) October 20, 2020
A top-400 player nationally, per 247Sports Composite, Macon shined at the Elite 11 showcase. Also passed for more than 4,000 yards in 2019.
Another day, another watch list for Connor Bazelak! But wait, look who else is listed here! It’s our Thiccer, as Nate likes to call him, Harrison Mevis!
#Mizzou on @TheFWAA Freshman All-American Watch List— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) October 20, 2020
▪️ QB @BazelakConnor
▪️ K @kickerhmevis6 #MIZ x #NewZou pic.twitter.com/9O1paUAsql
A team that stays together will win together. Helluva video from the football twitter.
The team that stays ...— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) October 20, 2020
is the team that's gonna win.
New week. New opportunity.
1-0 Mentality. #MIZ x #NewZou pic.twitter.com/CbRS47g4qU
On to the links! But first, do you have your voting plan set up? I’d love to hear what it is! I’m voting early next week when I attend my Election Day poll worker training.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Nate revealed the changes on the new depth chart. because there are some this week!
- Jacob covered the first MIZ-Zoom event, where we heard from “The Man,” Coach Drinkwitz.
- Kortay covered the second MIZ-Zoom event, where we heard from the players who are trying to reverse the Kentucky curse.
- COMING UP AT ROCK M: Plenty of Kentucky previewin!
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: Aaron wrote a fun piece of how Mizzou can win the East that I would highly suggest. And if you haven’t done so, read my piece on imposter syndrome and mental health.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Dave wrote about Mizzou’s roster being Covid-free, at least for now anyway. Bennett Durando, in a special to the P-D, wrote about Chance Luper, in a cleverly titled piece, “With LSU upset hanging in the balance, Mizzou takes a Chance on freshman Luper.”
- KC Star: Souichi covered the depth chart shuffle and the news of no positive Covid tests.
- Columbia Tribune: Eric Blum wrote about about the Covid testing news and the press conference in his new Notebook.
- The Athletic ($$): Peter Baugh wrote about how Mizzou walk-on Boo Smith refused to give up, and now Mizzou is calling his name.
- PowerMizzou: Gabe covered Drink’s press conference and posted a video. The staff also shared the depth chart.
- PowerMizzou ($$): Sean Williams, Rivals Recruiting Analyst, shared high school highlights of Mizzou running back commit, BJ Harris.
- Saturday Down South: Adam Spencer revealed 3 ways the Tigers can snap their 5-game losing streak to the Wildcats.
- MUTigers.com previewed this weekend’s game, which will serve as the actual Homecoming game!
- Eli Drinkwitz, great coach, great dad. This was cute to see.
When you're a #GirlDad like @CoachDrinkwitz, you're always on call. #MIZ x #NewZou pic.twitter.com/he89TaiEJQ— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) October 20, 2020
- Sounds like a plan, Barrett!
Correction: That should say 10 turnovers. Nine interceptions.— Peter Baugh (@Peter_Baugh) October 20, 2020
SEC (AKA the Covid-Conference) News
- The Athletic’s Stewart Mandel and Jason Starrett wrote about how Nick Saban’s change of philosophy turned the SEC into a passing league.
- Not great, Vandy. Not great. Maybe they’ll have a whole roster by the time we play them in December?
Vanderbilt coach Derek Mason isn't sure his team could get to the 53-man standard to play a game Saturday (Commodores are off Saturday, return to play Oct. 31).— Joe Rexrode (@joerexrode) October 20, 2020
- Florida has 25 Covid cases. That’s... not great. If interpreting correctly, it sounds like the positive tests from last week remained positive, as well as 4 additional positives.
- Is the SEC Hoops schedule coming soon? Sounds like it, says Mississippi State coach, Ben Howland. (wild cheers)
Mississippi State Coach Ben Howland said he expects the SEC to release league schedules in a couple weeks. He said the SEC-Big 12 Challenge matchups will be announced Wednesday.— Jerry Tipton (@JerryTipton) October 20, 2020
- Mizzou commit Anton Brookshire.... buckets. Really excited about this guy, y’all.
MVP things. @MizzouHoops commit, @AntBrookshire0 made things happen for the winningest team at The Invitational - scoring as usual and flashing improved playmaking skills. @YandersLaw @robert_yanders @ny2lasports @ebosshoops @rodgerbohn pic.twitter.com/cEP2NwxmiE— The Basketball Movement (@BBall_Movement) October 20, 2020
- Cuonzo Martin needs to find a place for his new artwork. You LOVE to see it.
Gotta find a spot to hang my new office decor #TTFL pic.twitter.com/kqfXwE1E9u— Cuonzo Martin (@CuonzoMartin) October 20, 2020
- Speaking of Mizzou Hoops, looking good, Kobe!
Sophomore SZN @TheKobe24Brown | #TTFL pic.twitter.com/GAPwOIt2uS— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) October 21, 2020
Other Mizzou Sports
- Congrats to the Swim & Dive SEC weekly athlete award winners for their performances against TCU! (More info at MUTigers.com)
Congrats to our 4️⃣ @SEC weekly award winners— Mizzou Swim & Dive (@MizzouSwimDive) October 20, 2020
▪️Megan Keil - Female Swimmer of the Week
▪️Carlo Lopez - Male Diver of the Week
▪️Sarah Rousseau - Female Diver of the Week
▪️Daniel Wilson - Male Freshman of the Week
Mizzou in the Pros/Non-Mizzou News
- Chad Jensen of SI.com’s Mile High Huddle wrote about how Drew Lock put the NFL on notice: the Broncos’ deep, vertical passing attack here to stay.
- Jackson Thompson of SI.com’s Giants Country wrote about the Giants’ defense looking to lean more on Markus Golden (finally).
- Michael Porter Jr, the trade chip? Not likely wrote Mike Singer of the Denver Post.
- As a reminder, Mizzou Arena will be serving as a central polling location on November 3. Hoping that’s where I will be assigned as a poll worker!
2️⃣ weeks until it's time to #vote— Mizzou Basketball (@MizzouWBB) October 20, 2020
Join us at #Mizzou Arena on Nov. 3!#MIZ #OurTownOurTeam pic.twitter.com/imzNY61vFK
- Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch wrote about the possible return of the XFL to St. Louis.
- This is NOT GOOD, Gregg Marshall. I can’t imagine you will be coaching the Shockers much longer with this information. This is disgusting. (via CJ Moore and Dana O’Neil of The Athletic)
- Domonique Foster of The Undefeated wrote about the Chiefs’ Tyrann Mathieu, and how he is changing the game as the NFL’s new model defender.
- Steph Curry sat down with Dr. Fauci again for his YouTube show.
Even with his busy schedule, Dr. Fauci took the time to sit down with me (AGAIN) and talk about what we’ve gotten right and what we’ve gotten wrong. Let’s continue to be positive! #StateOfInspiration pic.twitter.com/Lgul8lgdIr— Stephen Curry (@StephenCurry30) October 20, 2020
If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)