The Big 12/SEC match ups are officially set!
While the Missouri hoops non-conference schedule is still in the works with no Border War and potentially no Braggin’ Rights this season, the Tigers did add another opponent to their non-con slate. The SEC officially announced on Wednesday morning the pairings for this season’s Big 12/SEC match up, and Missouri will be hosting TCU on Saturday January 30th, 2021.
Okay, perhaps it’s not the most enticing match up we all wanted for this event. Like Matt Harris, I would have enjoyed a contest with Cade Cuningham and Oklahoma State.
But, since TCU (16-16) and Missouri (15-16) finished with similar records last season, I guess this makes sense.
Well, just be glad that Missouri is participating in this event, because it will only be the fourth time they have since joining the SEC, with a previous record of 1-2. Here’s more information about the match up on MUTigers.com.
Mitchell Smith, Jeremiah Tilmon, and Drew Buggs are ready.
And congrats to the Mizzou women’s volleyball team on their season-opening win on Wednesday night! The Tigers, currently ranked No. 9 in the country, began their eight-game SEC schedule with a four-set win on the road at Alabama.
During the victory, Mizzou senior outside hitter Kylie Deberg reached a milestone, surpassing 1,000 career kills. Congrats, Kylie!
Much more on the win on MUTigers.com, and here are some of the winning highlights:
The Tigers are already back in action tonight at 8:30 p.m. CST at Alabama on the main SEC Network channel. MIZ!
Time for the links....
Yesterday at Rock M
- Nate Edwards has the opponent preview of the Kentucky Wildcats
- Larry Rountree is shooting up the Missouri record books, writes Brandon Kiley
- PODCAST: Mizzou is Back in Action this Weekend, with Nate Edwards and Brandon Kiley
- In his latest notebook, Mitchell Forde writes that the key to snapping the streak against Kentucky is reversing the turnover trend
- ($$) Here’s the latest edition of Gabe DeArmond’s Macadoodles’ Mailbag
- Catch the latest episode of The 573 Report with Gabe DeArmond and Mitchell Forde
- From Dave Matter: Feeling blue: Kentucky carries five-game winning streak over Mizzou into Saturday’s showdown
- Mizzou draws TCU in Big 12/SEC Challenge, writes Dave Matter
- Dave Matter and Ben Frederickson bring you the latest Eye on the Tigers Podcast: Can Mizzou snap its Kentucky losing streak?
- Souichi Terada writes that Mizzou hoops has a clear identity this season with a deep and experienced roster
- Mizzou Tigers basketball gets a home game in Big 12/SEC Challenge, writes Souichi Terada
- Souichi Terada writes about the one area Mizzou football has struggled in, Kentucky has thrived
- On the latest SportsBeat KC, Blair Kerkhoff and Souichi Terada discuss Mizzou’s most frustrating foe
- ($$) Peter Baugh ranks Connor Bazelak among SEC quarterbacks, re-visits the “Tiger 10”, and much more in his latest mailbag
- Missouri will host TCU in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge, writes Joel Lorenzi
- Really good stuff from Max Baker here as he broke down Missouri’s goal line stand against LSU
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- Eric Blum wrote about punter transfer Grant McKinnis, hoping to help Mizzou end skid against his former team
- For Mizzou students, here’s some important voting information updates:
- Okay, NOW it’s Homecoming Week, and campus is looking good. Beat. Kentucky.
- On The Big 550 KTRS’ Big Sports Show, Ben Frederickson and Brendan Wiese discussed Mizzou’s upcoming matchup with Kentucky
- According to Rivals’ Krysten Peek, 2022 point guard, a top-30 player, Richard Isaacs Jr. has heard from kansas, Oregon, Ole Miss, Gonzaga, Arkansas, and......Mizzou!
- Peter Fairbanks struck out Chris Taylor in Game 2 of the World Series Wednesday night. The Rays tied the series at 1-1.
- A good, interesting read here about the Mizzou chess team during the pandemic. Check it out!
- Who’s ready for some Mizzou Women’s Basketball? It should be a fun season ahead!
- And it must’ve been photo day for the women’s team. Let’s go, Hayley Frank!
- SEC Speed! (Sorry, had to)
- Where are they now...with former Mizzou track and field player Krishna Lee
#WhereAreTheyWednesday— Mizzou Letterwinners Club (@MIZLetterwinner) October 21, 2020
Krishna Lee (Track & Field '09) is the AD for KCMO Parks & Rec, and coaches girl's basketball and private throws. Recently, Krishna signed to play professional football for the Denver Gold Rush (WFLA).#ForeverATiger pic.twitter.com/CyDMEBozVy
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)