Mizzou didn’t look great, and teacher graded accordingly
Y’all know what’s up at this point, yeah? Every Monday, we’re rounding up the grade cards from all the various Mizzou outlets, grading all aspects of the previous week’s football game. So far this season, the grades haven’t been all that inspiring... but then again, neither have the performances!
- PowerMizzou’s grade card gives passes to a lot of units, but a failing grade to the coaches and the overall effort.
- Dave Matter’s notebook includes thoughts on dropped passes and bad QB play. Dave gets the cake and eats it too here.
- Souichi Terada’s grade card at the Kansas City Star passes one team unit with flying colors.
We’ll continue to have our own post-Tennessee coverage later today and tomorrow, including Beyond the Box Score, the Revue, our staff MV3 votes, and more.
Yesterday at Rock M
- This is a reset year, isn’t it?
- SBN Reacts: Pre-UT loss, Mizzou fans are still riding the Drink-confidence
- SEC Recap: Week Two
- Here’s your weekly, “Mizzou in the NFL,” roundup...
— In one of the day’s wilder games, Aldon Smith registered two tackles for the losing Cowboys, while Sheldon Richardson logged three and Jordan Elliott got one for the Cleveland Browns, owners of a three-game win streak.
— Markus Golden only registered one tackle for the New York Giants in their fourth consecutive loss on the season.
- Aside from their report card, the Kansas City Star also published a separate story on the defensive struggles and how the team plans to address them.
- Gabe DeArmond posted 10 thoughts on Saturday’s game, including more musings on the QB situation in Eli Drinkwitz’s offense.
- Here’s an interesting tidbit re: basketball eligibility.
Sources: Men’s basketball oversight committee set to discuss whether winter athletes should get an additional season of competition tomorrow. It’s also expected that the D-1 Council will then vote on it on Oct. 13-14.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) October 4, 2020
I would guess the result would tell us whether or not the NCAA is moving closer toward a bubble situation, as was suggested early on.
- Not all Tiger teams disappointed this weekend, as Mizzou Soccer recorded an upset over No. 13 Vanderbilt. It’s the program’s first win over a Top 25 team since 2015!
- Mizzou Men’s Golf alumnus Peter Malnati came up just short at this weekend’s PGA event, finishing one stroke off leader Sergio Garcia.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)