Hello darkness, my old friend!
Well, this sucks.
I was SO looking forward to a Saturday filled with watching SEC Football and The Masters, but alas, COVID continues to ruin pretty much everything.
It was announced on Wednesday morning that the Mizzou-Georgia game on Saturday has been officially postponed due to COVID-19 concerns. There is a possibility that this game can be rescheduled for December 19th.
NEWS | Saturday's game vs. UGA has been postponed due to a combination of positive tests, contact tracing & subsequent quarantining of individuals within one position group of the Mizzou program, consistent with SEC COVID-19 management requirements.— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) November 11, 2020
» https://t.co/QvMZdfPN8e pic.twitter.com/G0WDkpgJoZ
Missouri and Georgia becomes the fourth SEC game postponed on Saturday, meaning there will be more SEC games PPD than actually played this weekend. Sigh.
However, there was some actually some good news that dropped on Wednesday. BRAGGIN’ RIGHTS IS STILL ON! Of course, it unfortunately won’t be in St. Louis — but the game is set for Saturday, December 12th.
So, will it be in Columbia or Champaign? Oh, how about a coin flip to decide?! Find out TONIGHT at 6:00 p.m. CST. More here on MUTigers.com
Braggin' Rights is Back & Heading to Campus— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) November 11, 2020
Watch a Coin Flip Special tomorrow night at 6 p.m. to find out who gets to host the 2020 edition of the historic rivalry!
This is awesome and I am absolutely HERE FOR IT.
And in more non-conference scheduling news, Mizzou is set to play Boston College on December 2nd at the Mohegan Sun, according to CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein.
Sources: Missouri will face Boston College and Oregon will play Virginia Tech on December 2nd at Mohegan Sun.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) November 11, 2020
Man, I’m so ready for this season to get started. Please let it happen.
Onto the links! (And there are A TON of them).
Yesterday at Rock M
- From Matthew Harris: What lessons can we draw from the Class of 2021?
- From Nate Edwards: NEW DEPTH CHART: Helloooooooo, COVID-related movement (yep)
- Brandon Kiley writes that Mizzou might have found a steal in OU offensive line transfer E.J. Ndoma-Ogar
- From Josh Matejka, Mizzou vs Georgia postponed due to new COVID-19 cases, contact tracing
- Drinkwitz: Mizzou down several players at one position, from Mitchell Forde
- ($$) Here’s the latest edition of Gabe DeArmond’s Macadoodle’s mailbag
- From Mitchell Forde, Mizzou-Georgia postponed due to COVID-19 quarantines
- From Anthony Dasher on Georgia’s Rivals site, Kirby Smart talks about Mizzou/UGA postponement
- Additional positive test led to postponement of Mizzou/Georgia game, writes Gabe DeArmond
- Mizzou inks five players to start off 2021 class, writes Mitchell Forde
- From Mitchell Forde, Mizzou, Illinois set to renew Braggin’ Rights rivalry this season
- Catch the latest episode of The 573 Report with Gabe DeArmond and Mitchell Forde, joined by Mizzou Basketball assistant coach Cornell Mann
- COVID cases force SEC to to postpone Mizzou-Georgia football game, writes Dave Matter
- In BenFred’s latest QuickHits, he looked back at what was behind the Mizzou-Florida halftime fight
- Columbia or Champaign? Coin flip to decide who hosts Braggin’ Rights game, writes Dave Matter
- Missouri Tigers football game vs Georgia postponed because of COVID-19 issues, from Souichi Terada
- From Souichi Terada, What Cuonzo Martin says about his five-player recruiting class for Mizzou basketball
- Mizzou vs Illinois is on. But who hosts Braggin’ Rights will be based on a coin flip, writes Souichi Terada
- ($$) Peter Baugh and Seth Emerson look at what’s next for Missouri and Georgia after the game postponement
- ($$) With more SEC teams sidelined than playing, league is ‘shaken’ but not deterred, writes Peter Baugh
- Andy Kimball and Max Baker have the coverage of the Mizzou-Georgia postponement
- MU men’s basketball signs all five of its recruits Wednesday, from Joel Lorenzi
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- Mizzou-Georgia postponed as Tigers ‘hampered’ by COVID, writes Eric Blum
- From Eric Blum, Vicious virus: Drinkwitz, SEC coaches react to slew of postponements
- Mizzou Basketball put together their 2021 class on Signing Day with the additions of Anton Brookshire, Yaya Keita, Trevon Brazile, Kaleb Brown, and Sean Durugordon. More here on MUTigers.com.
- Catch up on the latest Mizzou Baseball additions on National Signing Day:
- Steve Bieser and the staff has put together an impressive class. Welcome to BieserBall!
- Unfortunate news here from Yaya Keita, as he’ll miss his DeSmet senior season due to an ACL injury
#Mizzou basketball commit Yaya Keita also told me he tore his right ACL recently. So the 6’9 DeSmet star will miss his senior high school season but will be ready to go for his freshman year at Mizzou.— Charlie Marlow (@CharlieMarlow_) November 11, 2020
- And now I’m sad.
Drew Lock on Albert Okwuegbunam: "It makes me sad. Human sad. Believe it or not, we are humans, even though we play in the NFL."— Nick Kosmider (@NickKosmider) November 11, 2020
- On MUTigers.com, Mizzou Women’s Basketball Adds Four Talented Signees to 2021 class
- On MUTigers.com, Mizzou Softball Signs Nation’s 19th-ranked class
- On MUTigers.com, Mizzou Wrestling signs two talented wrestlers to 2020-2021 signing class. Korbin Shepherd from Blue Springs and Nate Pulliam from Rolla
- From Ozark Sports Zone, video coverage of Kickapoo’s Trevon Brazile and Anton Brookshire’s signings with Mizzou
- Perhaps some good news, there’s optimism Mizzou will play South Carolina next week (we’ll see)
Am told #Mizzou is optimistic it will be able to play next week’s game at South Carolina but obviously that will require limiting or eliminating positive tests over the next ten days— Power Mizzou (@PowerMizzoucom) November 11, 2020
- Not surprising here, but the Missouri suspensions would carry over to the South Carolina game
The first half suspensions for #Mizzou players Markell Utsey, Dylan Spencer and Chad Bailey that were supposed to be served against Georgia will now be served against South Carolina (assuming that game is played)— Power Mizzou (@PowerMizzoucom) November 11, 2020
- High school highlights from Mizzou Basketball’s 2021 class!
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)