It’s Election Day, so go vote
No editorializing from me today — though anyone who follows me on Twitter is more than welcome to my opinions.
Be nice to each other in the comments. And if you’re going to get all up in arms about an encouragement to vote being little bit being too, “political,” then maybe you shouldn’t be on an internet forum in the first place. Go outside and take a jog maybe. Play with a dog. Hey, why not go buy some cookies or water and pass them out at a long polling line?
Also, big shouts to Madame Editor Karen Steger for working the Election Day polling place on Mizzou’s campus. Now that I’ve said it, I strongly recommend bringing her a cookie or something when you go vote. (Did I just suggest something illegal? Not sure, we’ll get our best litigators on that.)
I’ll be there! So excited to be working this election at Mizzou Arena! https://t.co/ysrDfAta7o— Karen S (@karensteger) November 3, 2020
Yesterday at Rock M
- The Good, Bad and Ugly: Florida
- PODCAST: Mizzou loses in the Swamp
- The Revue: The bad guys win, but come off looking bad in REVENGE OF THE SITH
- MV3: Three defenders top the ballots after a rough week for the Tigers
- The biggest news in yesterday’s news cycle was the suspension of several Mizzou players and the $25,000 fine levied on Dan Mullen for his part in the brawl during this Saturday’s game. SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey also issued a statement that’s about as indirectly direct as you can get.
“Running on the field to confront a game official, the gathering of teams in an on-field confrontation and student-athletes throwing punches are all disappointing at any time, but even more so as we work to support healthy competition during a pandemic.”
Given that there was only one person to run onto the field after both teams were headed off, I’d say this is a pretty clear statement. Of course, Mullen’s fine will most likely paid by a booster who found $25k sitting in his bedside chest, so who’s to say whether or not this punishment is just. (Actually, I suppose that would be us. It isn’t, by the way.)
- PowerMizzou published the Pro Football Focus grades from Saturday’s game for subscribers (spoiler, there are some real surprises inside!) Gabe also posted his 10 Monday morning thoughts, including lots of stuff on the upcoming football schedule and the SEC’s tiers as he sees them.
- Dave Matter wrote up small primers on the Tigers’ snap counts from Saturday with the some help from PFF grades.
- Major ups to #MizzouMade Jayce Tingler, who was nominated for National League Manager of the Year yesterday. Tingler led the San Diego Padres to one of the best records in Major League Baseball during the COVID-shortened 2020 season!
2020 NL Manager of the Year finalists— BBWAA (@officialBBWAA) November 3, 2020
Don Mattingly, Marlins
David Ross, Cubs
Jayce Tingler, Padres
Winner announced Nov. 10, 6 p.m. ET on @mlbnetwork
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)