Victory Monday, and the feeling is gooooooooooood
Happy Victory Monday, Tiger fans. You recovered from your Thanksgiving weekend hangover yet? Here’s some juicy post-game morsels to help you out.
- USA Today’s Coaches’ Poll carried some interesting news for Missouri fans on Sunday. The Tigers are currently the third team getting votes outside of the Top 25, behind Auburn and North Carolina. A win over the Razorbacks next week might vault the Tigers into the rankings. Who would’ve thought that at the beginning of this year?
- Want your kids to bring home a report card you’d be proud of? Maybe start with this PowerMizzou grade card as a template! The staff had nothing but positives to heap on Mizzou, with only a few minor exceptions.
- Mizzou passes with flying colors according to Souichi Terada, who only had one fault to point out from all three units.
- It’s not a grade card, but Ben Hochman made a rare Sunday appearance at the Post-Dispatch to praise the offensive mind of Eli Drinkwitz. So that’s pretty neat!
- Gabe DeArmond listed 10 thoughts from Saturday’s win over at PowerMizzou. It’s only for subscribers, though, sorry!
- One writer at ESPN has Mizzou playing a Pac-12 power in the bowls, while the other has Mizzou playing an ACC... well, they’re not a power, but it would still be a fun game!
- Eric Blum named three big takeaways from Mizzou’s win, including how expectations have firmly changed in light of the remaining schedule.
Yesterday at Rock M
- What to expect from Mizzou going forward
- SEC Recap: Week Ten
- For most of the second half against an SEC opponent, Missouri made it boring
- Here’s your weekly Mizzou in the NFL recap:
— Of course there was no Drew Lock game to talk about on Sunday due to the Broncos’ catastrophic COVID-19 outbreak. The Broncos started a practice squad WR at QB and he only completed one pass. Meanwhile, Lock apologized for the misstep of ignoring NFL masking guidelines.
— Aldon Smith had 4 tackles, one for a loss, along with a QB hit in Dallas’ Thanksgiving day loss.
— The Browns keep winning and the former Tigers keep contributing — Jordan Elliott had 2 tackles and Sheldon Richardson had one (along with a pass deflection) as the Browns moved to 8-3 on the season.
— Charles Harris had three tackles off the edge in Atlanta’s surprising 43-6 win over the Raiders.
- In case you weren’t paying attention, 4-star St. Louis recruit Isaac Thompson was in Columbia for a visit this weekend, and it seems like he was impressed.
Via The Athletic app’s Real Time function: Here’s the latest on four-star recruit Isaac Thompson (SLUH/St. Louis), who is set to make a commitment decision Friday: pic.twitter.com/RVDzLUs0l3— Peter Baugh (@Peter_Baugh) November 29, 2020
Thompson has recently been considered a heavy Michigan lean, but there’s good reason to think that could change. Jim Harbaugh is on the hottest of hot seats, with former stars calling for his head following a loss to winless Penn State.
Time for Drink to close the deal.
- We’re still not sure if Mizzou’s men’s basketball team will be playing a game between now and Sunday, but we do know the tip time for Wichita State!
- Tough news for the women’s basketball team.
SLU has announced that its women's basketball season opener against Mizzou will not be played today due to COVID-related issues in the Mizzou program.— stu durando (@studurando) November 29, 2020
Sounds like the Tigers will be down and out for a while.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)