Mizzou Got Out the Vote
Fair warning: I’m writing this early on Election Night, so at this moment I have no idea what’s coming for the rest of the evening. I’m doing this on purpose somewhat, but mostly because the big Mizzou story of the day was very similar to all of us non-athletes: They went and voted. And after they voted, they encouraged everyone else to participate in the democratic process.
The account also retweeted a few players who noted that they were voting for the first time, including Markell Utsey and Joshuah Bledsoe.
Both Mizzou Hoops programs shared their own voting encouragements...
While at least one notable alumni also shared their, “I Voted,” message.
Of course, the whole of the athletic department was pretty united in its messaging. Even the non-revenue sports got involved.
On the whole, Mizzou Athletics made its message heard loud and clear.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Ben Hochman at the Post-Dispatch wrote a column on Drew Lock and the Broncos’ comeback win over the Chargers, imagining a potentially bright future for the former Tiger.
- Also at the Post, Dave Matter ranked the Tigers in the top half of the SEC (!), in his weekly power rankings.
- Saturday Down South predicted the rest of Missouri’s schedule for the 2020 season, and they’re surprisingly confident about the Tigers down the stretch!
- Here’s a really wonderful human interest story about #MizzouMade former NFLer Ziggy Hood, who has a son on the spectrum with his wife. The story details their challenges and successes in relation to the pandemic.
- Some final clean-up stats from the Florida loss that were making the rounds on Twitter. Spoiler alert: They’re not good!
Without Knox's 32-yd untouched reverse, Mizzou averaged negative rush yards before contact. With it, their YBC was only 1.68. Their YAC was even lower at 1.32. The Tigers had 4 negative runs and only broke 4 tackles against the SEC's worst run tackling Dhttps://t.co/zFLP00fEDt pic.twitter.com/Yv3kMITiZv— SEC StatCat (@SEC_StatCat) November 3, 2020
Conner Bazelak's pass chart vs. Florida— SEC StatCat (@SEC_StatCat) November 3, 2020
drops really changed things
78.9% Adj Comp
71.8% Depth Adj Accuracy
37.5% Success Rate
0 Explosive Passes
15% Drop Ratehttps://t.co/mmbigUNBWF pic.twitter.com/1qb5YotyhI
- Mizzou women’s basketball is officially underway after the team was forced into a two-week quarantine to begin the year. The team detailed their frustrations to the Kansas City Star.
- A JUCO defensive tackle recruit talked to Sean Williams of PowerMizzou about his interest in the Tigers (for subscribers only.) Meanwhile, Mitchell Forde wrote up a midseason report for all readers.
- I’d like to use this last slot, once again, to heap some praise on Karen Steger, our resident Madame Editor. This woman showed up suuuuuuuuuper early to work the polling location at Mizzou Arena.
Give her a shout out in the comments or on Twitter. She works hard here at Rock M Nation, and she worked hard yesterday as a civil servant. Bravo, Karen!
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)