Time to talk some bowling!
The Missouri Tigers are at the halfway point of their 2020 season with a respectable 2-3 record, and they will certainly have plenty to play for as far as bowl scenarios go in these final five games. On this bye week, there’s no better time to look at some....bowl projections! Here’s a glance at where some media outlets have the Tigers pegged:
- On ESPN, Mark Schlabach has Missouri vs Virginia Tech in the Gator Bowl, and Kyle Bonagura has the Tigers playing Utah in the Las Vegas.
- Watch Stadium’s Brett McMurphy currently has Missouri vs Virginia in the Gasparilla Bowl
- CBS Sports’ Jerry Palm has Mizzou vs Marshall in the Birmingham Bowl on January 1st.
- Another Birmingham Bowl projection for Mizzou, as Bill Bender from the Sporting News has the Tigers against Tulsa.
- Steve Lassan of Athlon Sports has Missouri vs West Virginia in the Liberty Bowl
- And, Erick Smith from USA Today has Mizzou vs Kansas State in the Texas Bowl
Of course, it’s still plenty early and these are going to change on a weekly basis, but that’s just a general idea of where Mizzou’s postseason hopes stand for right now. And yes, I know there are no win requirements for making bowl games this season, but a legitimate bowl-worthy record in Drinkwitz’s debut season would be a pretty big deal, especially after what unfortunately (and unfairly) took place last season.
On the hardwood (there’s still no official schedule), but the first KenPom rankings were released late last night, during Election coverage — of course. But, Mizzou basketball debuts at No. 58 overall, which is good for eighth in the SEC. On Bart Torvik, the Tigers come in at No. 52, and sixth in the SEC. Until we get a full schedule, coming up with expectations for this team are going to be rather difficult, but it looks like the preseason placements have Missouri squarely on the bubble for an NCAA Tournament bid.
And No. 9 Mizzou volleyball snapped their two-game losing streak Wednesday night at the Hearnes Center with a five-set victory over Arkansas, handing the Razorbacks their first loss of the season.
The Tigers will play their final home game of the season (already!) coming up tonight against Arkansas at 6:00 p.m. CST on the SEC Network.
Onto the links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Brandon Kiley writes about the two points of emphasis from Mizzou down the stretch
- PODCAST: Mizzou Football is at the Halfway Mark, with Nate Edwards and Brandon Kiley
- ($$) From Sean Williams, priority 2022 target (defensive back from Lutheran North) Toriano Pride talks Mizzou
- ($$) Here’s the latest edition of Gabe DeArmond’s Macadoodle’s Mailbag
- Dave Matter writes that Mizzou’s offensive line depth is being tested at the mid-season point
- On the latest SportsBeat KC, Blair Kerkhoff and Souichi Terada discuss everything you need to know on the Mizzou-Florida brawl
- Souichi Terada has the midterm on Missouri football as he assesses the Tigers halfway through the 2020 season
- Souichi Terada writes that Mizzou’s offensive line gets a week off at a fortunate time
- From Tuesday, Adam Cole grades the Missouri offense at the midway point of the season
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- From Kevin Graeler, Pingeton preparing Tigers for season of unexpected
- Tuesday was a very important day for Mizzou student-athletes getting the right to vote. Here’s an awesome photo gallery, along with some strong quotes.
- The latest 2021 NFL Mock Draft from PFF College has Mizzou LB Nick Bolton as a first-round pick (30th overall) to the Kansas City Chiefs!
- The Lions have announced that they have placed Matthew Stafford on the reserve/COVID-19 list. It’s looking like Chase Daniel time in Detroit!
- Oh hey there, Kyran Montgomery.......stay tuned, y’all!
TIGERS JUST GOT BETTER #NewZou21 !!!!!— Ky “ Grim Reaper “ Montgomery (@KyranMontgomer2) November 5, 2020
- Mizzou has offered 2022 three-star DJ Wesolak, the No. 2 defensive end in the state of Missouri from Boonville
After a great talk with @CoachDrinkwitz!!! I’m Blessed And Honored To Receive My 15th D1 Offer From The University of Missouri ⚫️ @MizzouFootball @CharlieHarbiso2 @CoachBrickHaley @CoachBreske @AllenTrieu @adamgorney @JPRockMO @CoachMRI #MIZ #ZOU22 #NewZou #SEC pic.twitter.com/A9NL35pnsM— DJ Wesolak (@DeAndreWesolak) November 4, 2020
- On MUTigers.com, Mizzou Women’s Golf Travels to Athens for Final Fall Tournament
- On MUTigers.com, Mizzou Soccer to Close Out Regular Season This Week
- According to Jeff Goodman, Mizzou hoops is set to open up the season at home vs Oral Roberts on November 25th. That means Missouri currently has three non-conference games on the schedule:
- 247Sports has released their updated 2022 basketball top 150 recruiting player rankings, and Matt Harris has you up to date with the latest Mizzou offers:
#Mizzou offers:— Matt Harris (@MattJHarris85) November 4, 2020
- No. 11: Mark Mitchell
- No. 38: Julian Phillips
- No. 48: Aidan Shaw
- No. 52: Derrian Ford
- No. 58: Isaac Traudt
- No. 74: Ty Rodgers
- No. 85: Tarris Reed
- No. 100: Avery Brown
- No. 133: Fletcher Loyer
- No. 142: Demarion Watson
- No. 150: Jai Smith https://t.co/OohimsFGSa
- From SB Nation’s Mile High Report, Laurie Lattimore-Volkmann writes that Confidence will go a long way in Drew Lock’s growth
- Some sweet highlights here from Mizzou hoops commit Anton Brookshire!
- Our Town, Our Team with redshirt senior guard Shug Dixon
- Here are all the goal highlights fro Mizzou Soccer’s Sunday win over Kentucky!
- Kobe Brown should be in for a big season!
- Get to meet Mizzou gymnastics freshman Kalise Newson
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)