The first day of National Signing Day’s early signing day period has come and gone, and overall it was considered a success for Eli Drinkwitz and the Missouri Football program. Mizzou officially signed 20 members to their 2021 recruiting class on Wednesday, and that included a surprise commitment in three-star defensive end Arden Walker! The only two players to remain unsigned right now is running back BJ Harris and defensive end Shemar Pearl, so we’ll see what happens there.
Of the 20 officially signed, the importance of in-state recruiting was certainly addressed as eight players are from the state of Missouri (or East St. Louis, Illinois). And according to Rivals’, five players are listed as four-stars.
The exciting and promising future is in place under Eli Drinkwitz, but there’s certainly still a lot to play for this season as well — a winning record and playing in a marquee bowl game are on the line. As we head into the regular season finale on Saturday at Mississippi State, Drinkwitz said in Tuesday’s press conference that Missouri will definitely NOT be opting out of a bowl game. So, here’s a look at some of the latest bowl projections this week for Mizzou:
- On ESPN, Kyle Bonagura has Mizzou vs Colorado in the Armed Forces Bowl and Mark Schlabach has Mizzou vs Iowa in the Outback Bowl
- CBS Sports’ Jerry Palm: Outback Bowl vs Northwestern
- Watch Stadium’s Brett McMurphy: Citrus Bowl vs Northwestern
- ($$) The Athletic’s Stewart Mandel: Outback Bowl vs Iowa
- Sporting News’ Bill Bender: Gator Bowl vs Miami
And on the hardwood, the Mizzou women’s basketball team took care of business in a big way as they beat New Orleans in a blowout, 84-45. The Tigers never trailed and went on a 24-0 run at one point!
And here are the highlights from the win!
Aijha Blackwell led the team with 16 points and the Tigers improved to 2-1 on the season. Up next is at home vs Oral Roberts on Saturday!
Onto the links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Brandon Kiley writes that sophomore safety Martez Manuel is ready for the spotlight
- A look ahead: Part Two, Aaron Dryden had a Q and A discussion with Mizzou commits Connor Tollison and Kyran Montgomery!
- From Josh Matejka: Surprise! Mizzou gets Early Signing Day commitment from Colorado DE
- Stay up to date with the latest news and updates from early signing day 2021. Sam Snelling, Nate Edwards, and Josh Matejka had it all here!
- From Jacob Giancola: Drink talks #NewZou
- Commentary from Gabe DeArmond: Drinkwitz starts with a splash
- Sean Williams has a National Signing Day Preview
- Signing Day Central: Live Mizzou Updates
- ($$) Here’s the latest edition of Gabe DeArmond’s Macadoodles Mailbag
- 3-star DL Arden Walker picks Missouri, writes Sean Williams
- Adam Gorney has the commitment analysis of Arden Walker
- Video from Gabe DeArmond: WATCH: Eli Drinkwitz talks 2021 Mizzou class
- Here’s the latest episode of The 573 Report, Signing Day Special with Gabe DeArmond and Mitchell Forde
- Dave Matter previews the Mizzou-Mississippi State game in the latest Tiger Talk
- With its depleted depth, Mizzou marches forward in ‘war of wills”, writes Dave Matter
- Dave Matter has the Mizzou National Signing Day Blog
- In his latest tip-sheet, Jeff Gordon writes that Illinois, Mizzou, and SLU earn favorable NCAA bracket projections
- Mizzou’s No. 16 ranking has great value for program trying to regain standing, writes Jeff Gordon
- From Souichi Terada: Mizzou recruiting updates: Drinkwitz’s 2021 class takes shape as signing period opens
- Mizzou’s Drinkwitz makes statement with 2021 recruiting class landing in-state players, writes Souichi Terada
- ($$) Mizzou recruiting under Drinkwitz is making moves, including a late flip, writes Peter Baugh
- Max Baker takes a look at the latest MU players in the pros
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- Analysis for Eric Blum: Drinkwitz secures improved MU recruiting class
- From Eric Blum: Meet Mizzou football’s Class of 2021 signees
- Nate Edwards was featured on a Special Edition Mizzou Football and Basketball Podcast with Sports Radio 810’s Aly Trost. Give it a listen!
- HUGE news here.....the first COVID-19 vaccine has arrived in Columbia at MU Health Care!
The first COVID-19 vaccination has been administered here at MU Health Care to pediatric infectious disease specialist Dr. Christelle Ilboudo. This is an exciting step on the path to controlling the coronavirus pandemic. pic.twitter.com/8fP0H4dZBQ— MU Health Care (@muhealth) December 16, 2020
- 2022 four-star defensive end from John Burroughs Tyson Ford will announce his decision on January 18th! He will also be announcing his Top 4 schools on Monday at noon.
I will be committing on January 18...— Tyson Ford (@T2Cold7) December 16, 2020
- NBA Preseason....but here’s MPJ with a halftime buzzer beater bucket.
MPJ beats the HT buzzer pic.twitter.com/efCV6WFLoC— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) December 17, 2020
- The 2021 Mizzou Wrestling schedule is out! The season begins January 3rd in Fargo, North Dakota. More here on MUTigers.com.
- The NCAA has announced they are allowing immediate eligibility to D-1 transfers in all sports.
Division I Council grants waiver to allow DI transfer student-athletes in all sports to compete immediately this year. pic.twitter.com/PNCuiCLWK0— Inside the NCAA (@InsidetheNCAA) December 16, 2020
- Mizzou Women’s Basketball will play back-to-back games this weekend. Oral Roberts on Saturday and Southern Illinois on Sunday.
We got a little schedule news before we tip off tonight!— Mizzou Basketball (@MizzouWBB) December 17, 2020
#Mizzou vs. Oral Roberts on Saturday will now tip at 12:30 pm CT
#Mizzou will play Southern Illinois on Sunday at 12:30 pm CT
MORE INFO https://t.co/r4CM4UHnkC#OurTownOurTeam pic.twitter.com/xOX7QcRCKK
- Fort Zumwalt West and Mizzou Softball commit Julia Crenshaw was named STLToday’s All-Metro Fall Softball Player of the Year
- On ABC17’s YouTube Page, here’s the full 2021 Signing Day Class interview with Drinkwitz
- From ABC17’s Nathalie Jones, Mizzou’s 2021 class begins to unfold
- Here’s KMOV’s Brooke Grimsley’s interview with Travion Ford
"I really hope I can go up there and break the sack record"— Brooke Grimsley (@BrookeGrimsley) December 17, 2020
Lutheran North's Travion Ford (@Tre_Got_Skills ) made things official with #Mizzou today.
I have a feeling that he's going to crush all of his goals! #SigningDay #NewZou21 @CoachReed314 pic.twitter.com/xJj7twF075
- KSDK’s Corey Miller had a roundup of National Signing Day on the Mizzou St. Louis recruits.
It was another big signing day in St. Louis, and it was #Mizzou who came away as the big winners with @EstlMaco5, @DominicLovett2, @Tre_Got_Skills, @WingoMekhi, @TajButts, @t_hibb2x and @RyanHoerstkamp— Corey Miller (@corey_miller5) December 17, 2020
Also a big day for @DeSmetJesuitFB & @SteepDiesel with 8 signees
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)