The Tigers and Ducks were scheduled to play originally in Mohegan Sun, CT, but both teams dropped out of the Bubbleville Tournament due to COVID concerns. Nevertheless, the teams worked together, and they got the game rescheduled. This will be Oregon’s first game, and Mizzou will look to build on their win against Oral Roberts last week.
Second Half Notes
- Xavier Pinson is nothing short of special that spin move was spectacular. I could watch him run the break all day.
- If Pickett can play like this regularly, he will be a huge X-factor for this team.
- Mark Smith has gone relatively silent in the second half
- They’ve done a much better job this half not settling for threes. For this team, threes need to come from drive and dish situations, they can’t settle for them regularly and succeed.
- Mizzou broke the press so well. Taking care of the ball in this game is a great sign after struggling against ORU.
- Pinson is showing that he can plat against anyone in the country. He can legitimately average 15 points per game this year.
- If the Tigers are on the bubble come march, this is the kind of win that can push you ahead of another team.
- This doesn’t seem to have too many holes. More games will reveal more flaws, but after two strong performances, they seem to be shaping into a team that will be hard to beat.
First Half Notes
- Those two Mark Smith threes to open the half were huge, and the second was from downtown.
- Tilly looks poised just like he said. He takes exactly what the defense gives him and no more or no less it seems.
- The defense is everywhere it seems like. The turnovers let the boys run, too.
- Oregon has no answer for the Tigers on the glass, Tilly and Kobe Brown own the paint right now.
- Mark Smith literally can’t miss.
- When this team gets in transition I don’t know if anyone can slow them down.
- The Tigers got a little 3 happy in the first.
- Oregon’s surge at the end made this game closer than it should be, Mizzou needs to make sure they keep distance after halftime and not let Oregon keep their momentum going.
Opponent: No.21 Oregon Ducks (0-0)
Time: 8:00 p.m. CT
Where: CHI Health Center, Omaha, Nebraska
Is Mizzou Receiving Top 25 Votes? No
What Does Vegas Say? Oregon, -4
Where To Watch: Fox Sports 1 | foxsports.com/live
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- How many points will Mark Smith score after his outburst in game 1?
- Will Tilly get his 1st double-double of the year?
- Ed Chang is slated to make his debut, what do you expect from the JUCO transfer?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?