No. 14 Mizzou takes the court for the first time since their massive Braggin Rights win. In their final game before conference play, the Tigers welcome a talented Bradley Braves that will come into Mizzou Arena thinking upset.
Second Half Notes
- Bradley seems to just want this game more after halftime. They are working harder and playing with more energy.
- If Mizzou loses this game, they have no one to blame but themselves. They look careless tonight.
- Jayson Kent took over this game for a quick stretch and the Tigers have to do better than let him be as open as he was throughout that sequence.
- When Bradley started to score, Mizzou just started trying to force things. They look like they think they are outmatched.
- Tilly has done a great job in the second half scoring down low.
- It seemed like the Tigers finally woke up when they got down 8, but it shouldn’t have to take that situation.
- That 3 that Mark Smith took as time wound down was very questionable shooting. It’s curious as to why they didn’t call timeout, and/or getting the ball to Tilly down low.
- That last sequence really bailed out the poor shot selection to start. Tilly has been the MVP of this game with a phenomenal second half.
- Mitch Smith really wanted all Tigers fans to sweat a little bit longer.
First Half Notes
- As usual, the Tiger came out shooting way too many threes.
- 2-2 at the first media timeout is making this one look like it will be a real barn-burner.
- Whoever can make the first big run will get a stronghold on this game.
- Both teams aren’t just missing jump shots, a lot of layups aren’t falling for either team. The Tigers need to hope this play doesn’t carry over to SEC play.
- Boya going to the bench opened up the paint up a little bit more, but this team defends in the paint very well.
- Mizzou has gotten pretty lucky that Bradley started 0-11 from three. They have been playing good defense, but the Braves have missed some good looks.
- The Tigers are letting up too many offensive boards, way too many. At the half, Bradley has 13. That’s atrocious.
- If Pinson can make defenders respect his shooting from the top of the key, he will be close to unguardable.
Opponent: Braves (6-2)
Time: 6:00 p.m. CT
Where: Mizzou Arena, Columbia, Missouri
Is Mizzou Receiving Top 25 Votes? Yes. The Tigers are ranked No. 14
What Does Vegas Say? Mizzou, -11
Where To Watch: SEC Network | WatchESPN
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- Will Mark Smith bounce back after a rough Braggin Rights?
- Can Tilly stay out of foul trouble after having some issues in the last couple of games?
- Will the Tigers cover?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?