Mizzou polished a stellar non-conference slate with an unblemished record after coming back to beat Bradley. Tonight, they open SEC play with the favorites to win the conference Tennessee. Both teams have big aspirations for this season, and only one of them will leave Norm Stewart court still undefeated. Will it be the Tigers or the Volunteers?
Second Half Notes
- The Tigers really needed to come out of the half and go on a run. Instead, they let Tennessee add to their lead, and that might be the nail in their coffin.
- Tigers fans better hope this is a fluke because Arkansas is no slouch on Saturday. They are a solid team, and if Mizzou comes out like this again, the Tigers will likely start SEC play 0-2 which doesn’t bode well for the rest of this season.
- If we are looking for positives from this game, then this game could serve as a reality check for the Tigers. Perhaps, this will motivate them and light a fire under this squad as they move further into SEC play. If not, this season could turn out not as promising as it once seemed.
- Shooting so bad from 3 was bound to catch up with the Tigers, and it looks like this is the game.
- This game can go one of two ways. Either the Tigers will use this as motivation for a bounceback that continues their strong season, or this will mark a return to the team that we knew last year.
- I think this game will be the defining point of this season. We will look at this moment as a turning point of good or bad. Which one it will be remains to be seen.
First Half Notes
- Tennessee getting off to a 7-7 start is just something that doesn’t bode well for Mizzou. This team has to defend well to win this game. If Tennessee continues to shoot the lights it could be a long night for the Tigers.
- Mizzou looked very overmatched early.
- If someone doesn’t step up as a lead scoring option tonight, then Tennessee will run away with this game.
- This team just needs to be better in every way. The defense has been poor, and the offense has been abysmal. Something needs to change if the Tigers want to validate their early-season success.
- Tennessee looks like they are just a tier above the Tigers.
- Being down only 13 at the half almost seems like a win if there is a positive from this first half.
Opponent: Volunteers (6-0)
Time: 8:00 p.m. CT
Where: Mizzou Arena, Columbia, MO
Is Mizzou Receiving Top 25 Votes? Yes, they’re ranked No. 12
What Does Vegas Say? Mizzou, +3.5
Where To Watch: SEC Network | WatchESPN
Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)
- Will Mark Smith find his early season form again?
- Can the Tigers contain the Volunteers’ explosive offense?
- Will Jeremiah Tilmon finish with a double-double?
- Who is your trifecta for the game?
- What will the final score be?