Hey, what a fun weekend!
Yeah, there’s not much more to say than that! And really, it was just a great week for Mizzou sports. Over the course of the last seven days..
— Mizzou Hoops notched its first Top 25 win away from Mizzou Arena since 2013
— Mizzou Football beat out Michigan and Arkansas for a Top 150 recruit out of St. Louis
— Mizzou Football won one of the most thrilling games since they joined the SEC... against their former head coach, no less!
— Mizzou Hoops added another quality road win to their resume in relatively easy fashion
So on the heels of all that, let’s dive right into the links. Soak it up, y’all because last week kicked ass.
- PowerMizzou’s grade card is long and (mostly) positive, as one could expect after Saturday. But it’s only for subscribers!
- Souichi Terada’s grades were mixed, as he only grades the units and not the position groups, but (spoiler alert!) it turns out OK for the good guys.
- The Tribune publishes their grade cards later in the week, but they did have three takeaways from both the football and the basketball wins!
Yesterday at Rock M
- For Missouri, it’s the little things that make the difference
- Hoops Preview: Wichita State returns an inexperienced squad after a wild offseason
- Missouri vs Wichita State Game Thread
- Tigers take care of business on the road, beat Shockers 72-62
- SEC Recap: Week Eleven
- Here’s your weekly Mizzou in the NFL recap:
— Cleveland posted a BIG win against Tennessee yesterday, and both former Tigers on the team contributed; Sheldon Richardson had 4 tackles and a QB hit, while Jordan Elliott registered one tackle of his own.
— Charles Harris only logged one tackle as the Atlanta Falcons’ late season surge was halted by New Orleans.
— It was another tough week for Drew Lock, who tossed two touchdowns and interceptions apiece for a Broncos team that fell one drive short in a 22-16 loss to the Chiefs.
- Ben Frederickson wrote about Mizzou’s new attitude under Eli Drinkwitz, and how it paid off when all hope seemed lost against Arkansas. Meanwhile, Dave Matter led off his post-game notebook with some spare thoughts on Nick Bolton’s ejection.
- Missouri Football is knocking on the door of the Amway Coach’s Poll Top 25, but still sits at No. 27, only 22 votes behind Oklahoma State.
- Seth Davis has Mizzou just outside his Top 25, and likes them so much, he listed them twice!
Almost Famous: Va Tech, Mizzou, UVa, Mizzou, LSU, SDSU, Ohio St, Mich, Fla, SMU, Louisville, Clemson, Loyola, Furman, Purdue— Seth Davis (@SethDavisHoops) December 7, 2020
- It was a busy day at PowerMizzou. Subscribers will get to read Gabe’s post-game Arkansas thoughts and Mitchell Forde’s impressions of the hoops win over Wichita State. Non-subscribers can watch the post-game basketball game interviews and read Forde’s full gamer.
- In addition to his grade card, Souichi Terada wrote about Mizzou Hoops’ depth and how it won the day in Wichita.
- Bowl projections! Saturday Down South has Missouri in the Outback Bowl against Iowa; CBS Sports also has them in the Outback, but this time against Maryland; 247 projects the Tigers to the Gator Bowl against UNC; and ESPN has the Tigers split to the Outback and Citrus Bowls, against Iowa and Northwestern, respectively.
- Makylan Pounders, a three-star offensive tackle from the 2021 class, decommitted from Mississippi State after recently including Mizzou in his Top 5.
Respect my decision... not answering any questions pic.twitter.com/hWtyqWpmZp— Makylan Pounders (@MakylanPounders) December 7, 2020
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!
- If you’re looking to sign up for a new streaming service, you can try FuboTV: click HERE for FuboTV access — FuboTV now has ESPN, CBS, FS1 and more sports channels.
(** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)