Mizzou can still build off of Saturday, despite the loss
Winning is better than losing. I don’t see how it gets easier than that in the world of sports. A lot of time when you try to see the glass as half full, or pick apart reasons for optimism after a loss, you’ll minimize the fact that... well, you lost. You’d always prefer to take home the W, and there’s no amount of analysis that can replace that.
THAT BEING SAID, there are quite a few reasons to be optimistic about the rest of Mizzou’s season, even if it doesn’t end in a trip to the big dance. Sam covered quite a few good things (along with the bad) in yesterday’s Study Hall, so you can start there for a thorough examination of Saturday’s bout with the Razorbacks. Then, move along to the links below.
- Dave Matter took a look at how Mizzou’s stretch run is shaping up after Saturday’s loss in Fayetteville.
- Souichi Terada put Kobe Brown — who recorded a double-double in the loss to Arkansas — in the spotlight despite the less-than-favorable team result.
- And now for a look further into the future... Eric Bossi spoke with 4-star 2021 basketball recruit about his list of schools, including Mizzou. Bates has some unique things to say about Cuonzo Martin.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Robin Pingeton’s Tigers won a convincing match up over the Ole Miss Rebels, giving this year’s senior class a Senior Night to remember. It’s been a tough year for the Tigers, but the future is looking brighter every game.
How about these two today???@hayfrank42 - 22 pts, 6 rebs, 7-8 FG, 3-3 3FG@AijhaAnniece - 20 pts, 10 rebs, 4th double-double in 5 games#MIZ #OurTownOurTeam pic.twitter.com/jnnV6WACpb— Mizzou Basketball (@MizzouWBB) February 24, 2020
Blackwell has turned into a stat-stuffing machine, and Hayley Frank is starting to turn her flashes of brilliance into some consistency. The next three years could be pretty fun to watch!
- At PowerMizzou, Sean Williams spoke with a Mizzou DE recruit in next year’s class (though this is for subscribers only).
- Coach Drinkwitz stays #crootin: He offered a grad transfer OL out of Akron on Sunday
I’m excited to announce I have received an offer from the University of Missouri‼️ @CoachDrinkwitz @mjohnson7672 @CoachDjSmith #MIZ #NewZou pic.twitter.com/Vyzv3aWLs0— Brandon Council (@BiggDaddyMac_BC) February 23, 2020
- Your weekly Mizzou-in-the-XFL rundown: L’Damian Washington and Marcus Lucas had quiet days for the Battlehawks, who soundly defeated the Guardians; the Seattle Dragons continue to struggle, but Marcell Frazier and Jacquies Smith logged 3 combined tackles, with Frazier recording the Dragons’ only sack; the Houston Roughnecks continued their torrid start, aided by three more tackles from Kony Ealy.
- Mizzou Softball couldn’t find enough runs to close their weekend with a win, dropping to 12-5 after a 3-1 loss to Seattle U.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)