Hey, what do you know, a football day in February!
Usually on Tuesdays, I like to load up the links with basketball-related content, but because Missouri has an extra day off before its tilt with Vandy, I had to find something else.
Luckily, there was a whole lot of Mizzou Football on the docket yesterday!
- Here’s some of the best news you’ll read all day: CALE GARRETT COME-UP SZN, LET’S GO!
Good news for former Missouri linebacker Cale Garrett: He’s cleared to do all activities at the NFL combine this weekend but probably won’t bench press. Still regaining upper body strength post-surgery. He leaves for Indy tomorrow.— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) February 24, 2020
I realize Mizzou has a lot of players looking at NFL shots this spring, and I’m sure we’re rooting for all of them. But be honest with yourself: how good would it feel to see Cale Garrett, who was robbed of a potential All-American senior season due to some bad injury luck, come back and get drafted this spring? What a story.
- Speaking of the NFL Draft...
- Subscribers to The Athletic can get access to this excellent profile of Shawn Robinson, who claims he feels better than he’s felt in a long time heading into spring ball.
- Ennis Rakestraw wasn’t only the biggest story of National Signing Day (in Missouri at least), but now he’s OUT. HERE. CROOTIN!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Souichi Terada addresses the elephant in the room: What’s it going to take for Mizzou to get another win on the road?
- Dave Matter’s latest SEC Heat check has one of the lower tier conference squads (spoiler: not Mizzou!) trending upward as we get closer to tournament time.
- Didn’t catch this for yesterday’s links, so let me put it here: Anyone who has read my baseball writing knows how big of a Trey Harris fan I am, and The Athletic ran an article (sorry non-subscribers) about why his status as an underdog prospect may not hold him back from making the majors.
- Not that it’s specifically Mizzou-related, but Jeff Gordon at the Post-Dispatch went in on the NCAA after its recent run of uneven punishments handed down to... let’s say “less-than-favored” schools.
- Mizzou Baseball couldn’t collect a victory Monday game, falling 5-2 to Texas Corpus-Christi. The Tigers are now 4-3 on the young season.
- PowerMizzou subscribers can read an interview with a 2022 WR recruit and Gabe’s usual Monday morning thoughts.
- Congrats to Mizzou alumnus Hayden Buckley on qualifying for the next PGA event. Congrats, Hayden! Make us proud!
- And in Mizzou women’s golf, the Tigers landed a Top 10 finish in their opening spring tournament!
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)