Hey, look, another Missouri sports title!
Help me! I’m the person assigned to do links the morning after the biggest sporting event of the year, and I have to find some way to make it tie to Missouri!
Oh, thank God.
Congrats to this beautiful mustachioed man on leading the Kansas City Chiefs to their first Super Bowl title in many decades. Andy Reid took several chances during Super Bowl week to show love to the University of Missouri, and it feels good to see him succeed on the biggest football stage in the world.
“I loved my time in Columbia. The University of Missouri I hold close to my heart, man, that’s a great place,” Reid said.
I guess he has to bump, “Coached at Mizzou,” down a spot on his resume now, huh?
And don’t forget Dave Toub!
Congrats to Dave Toub. Chiefs assistant HC. Longtime Mizzou assistant. Should be an NFL HC.— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) February 3, 2020
Toub coached Strength and Conditioning at Missouri from 1989-1997 and moved to the Defensive Line from 1998-2000.
Finally, congrats to all you Chiefs/Tiger fans. As someone who finally got to watch his team raise a banner just a few months ago (I still get chills thinking about it), it’s good to see so many fellow Missourians happy.
I hope y’all aren’t too hungover this morning!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Study Hall: South Carolina 76, Mizzou 54
- SUPERB OWL SUNDAY: Kansas City Chiefs!! vs San Francisco 49ers
- Dylan Spencer commits to Missouri following weekend visit
- Souichi Terada highlighted the Tigers’ depth — or lack thereof — in parsing through the remains of Saturday’s beatdown in Columbia East.
- The Mizzou women had Top 25 Arkansas on the ropes (on the road, no less!) before surrendering a double-digit lead in the fourth quarter and dropping the contest in OT. Truly no better example of a “tough beat.”
- #TigerStyle didn’t fare much better, getting beat by #11 Oklahoma State in Stillwater.
- The Post-Dispatch did a small writeup on Drinkwitz’s latest addition to the 2020 class.
- PowerMizzou subscribers can read up on Montra Edwards’ comments following his weekend visit. They can also get a detailed breakdown of DL signee Benjamin Key’s game.
- Missouri Tennis dropped Sunday’s match to Kansas State.
- Live look at me, scouring the internet for Mizzou links on the day of a Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl:
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)