Quarantine Day 175: We’re starting to crack
- So you’ve heard of Tiger King, right? Who hasn’t? Tigers, murder conspiracies, animal rights, cocaine... everyone’s in on this show. Including me!
Well, because we’re all brain-poisoned by the internet, and because people have way too much time on their hands, someone went ahead and did this:
I downloaded a Mizzou football hype vid from YouTube and paired it with Joe Exotic's "I Saw A Tiger." I tragically must announce they go together too well. pic.twitter.com/5svc9F7H74— Matt Moreno (@TheMattMoreno) March 28, 2020
I find this to be equal parts upsetting and awe-inspiring. Anyone who has watched the show will understand why.
I wouldn’t be mad, though, if Tiger players started saying, “I saw man!” at random junctures during the game. Or if Mizzou wanted to play the song at games.
I don’t know, y’all. We’re really just trying to get through it, aren’t we?
More Mizzou Links:
- Souichi Terada wrote about the star of the grad transfer market, Bowling Green’s Justin Turner, listing Missouri as one of his Top 6 schools.
ICYMI, here’s a detailed Twitter thread from our very own Matt Harris on his conversation with Justin Turner, who went in-depth on his interest in Missouri.
- Speaking of basketball recruiting, check out our Twitter feed for some updates on 2021 offers and list trims.
- Ben Frederickson at the Post-Dispatch talked with Reed Nikko, who detailed the pain of having his senior season squashed in the face of a global pandemic.
- Jim Thomas, also at the P-D, wrote about his memories of the late Woody Widenhofer when the two were at Mizzou.
- Gabe DeArmond continued his, “10 Best [Blank] Games I Covered,” series with football. It feels like 100 years since some of these games were played.
- PowerMizzou subscribers can read a coach’s analysis on 2021 TE commit Gavin McKay.
Yesterday at Rock M
Generally this is where we deposit the Missouri-related links that don’t fit with the bigger theme. HOWEVER, there are only so many of those to go around these days.
So as long as I’m doing links (Mondays and Tuesdays!) I’ll be posting stuff that’s getting me through this craziness.
- Prayers and good thoughts/wishes to country legend John Prine, who is in critical condition amidst his fight with coronavirus.
- For all my baseball fans out there: MLB.com ranked the Top 5 nastiest fastballs in the majors, and guess what? Four out of the five reside in the NL Central (including one on the Cardinals!)
- All my hip-hop heads out there will be pleased to hear that Frank Ocean has graced the world with two new songs! What better way to pass the time?!
- Tom Hanks is safe, y’all. We can do this.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)