Missing basketball? Missing sports in general?
Yeah, same here. The college basketball season would be winding down right now as the Final Four in Atlanta would have been played on Saturday. Meanwhile, the NBA Playoffs would have been just right around the corner.
Fortunately, ESPN has decided to air Michael Jordan’s “The Last Dance” documentary starting on April 19th.
And starting on Friday night, ESPN will be airing the “NBA 2K Players Tournament” with 16 NBA players going head-to-head against each other online in NBA 2K20. According to the Denver Post, Michael Porter Jr. is one of the 16 participants.
With an 81 rating on NBA 2K20, Michael Porter Jr. is the No. 12 seed and will face Melvin Booker’s son, Devin Booker as the No. 5 seed. There’s your Mizzou connection!
Go get em, MPJ!
In other news, Eli Drinkwitz made a guest appearance on SEC Network’s “The Paul Finebaum Show”.
The big topic of discussion was his comments made about Kirk Herbstreit and the uncertainty of the college football season.
Drinkwitz just held a Zoom press conference. Strongest comment: "No offense to Mr. Herbstreit but deciding who's gonna win a game on College GameDay is a lot different than than getting the world in a panic about whether or not we're going to play a college football season."— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) April 1, 2020
Perhaps he didn’t exactly need to, but he later apologized on “The Paul Finebaum Show.”
Missouri coach Eli Drinkwitz apologizes for mentioning @KirkHerbstreit's name in comments to local media earlier today regarding opinions on if we will have a football season. “I did not mean to take a shot at him. I hope he would accept my apology," Drinkwitz said.— Paul Finebaum (@finebaum) April 1, 2020
Here’s more from the interview:
Onto the links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- “I want to go in and be myself,” Matthew Harris has his latest piece on Bowling Green grad transfer Justin Turner
- The Missouri Tigers Legends Draft: Round III, with Nate Edwards and Brandon Kiley
- Eligibility decision leaves plenty of questions, writes Gabe DeArmond
- ($$) Read up on Gabe DeArmond’s latest mailbag edition
- Video: Eli Drinkwitz Zoom press conference, from Gabe DeArmond
- Drinkwitz, Mizzou make best of “not ideal” situation, writes Mitchell Forde
- Four-star recruit Jayla Kelly driven to leave her mark at Mizzou, writes Christina Long
- Mizzou’s Drinkwitz: It’s wasted energy and effort to predict if there’s football in 2020, from Dave Matter
- Drew Lock checks in at No. 20 in Dave Matter’s Best of Mizzou
(The Athletic -- $$)
- Amid pandemic, Drinkwitz focused on Mizzou football, not talk of delay or cancellation, writes Souichi Terada
(Columbia Daily Tribune)
- Aldon Smith has signed a one-year deal with the Dallas Cowboys. Congrats, Aldon!
Breaking: The #dallascowboys have signed former Pro Bowl LB/DE Aldon Smith to a one-year, marking the end of a 4-year absence. Clean and sober now, incredible how much he’s turned his life around. @NFLonFOX @dallascowboys— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) April 2, 2020
- Mizzou has made the Top Five cut for Arkansas graduate transfer Jalen Harris
Arkansas grad transfer Jalen Harris has cut his list to:— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) April 1, 2020
- Here’s a throwback highlight of Maty Mauk against Minnesota in the 2015 Citrus Bowl!
- Take a look back on Mizzou Baseball’s combined no-hitter from March 2nd, 2018!
- Congrats to Amber Smith on what was a great career at Mizzou!
- The NCAA has announced that the recruiting dead period has been extended until May 31st
Division I, Division II extends their recruiting dead periods: pic.twitter.com/aIC7WUTg3p— Inside the NCAA (@InsidetheNCAA) April 1, 2020
- Here’s more from Eli Drinkwitz on the Zoom conference (Mizzoom!)
"It's bigger than football right now. What's on our minds is: are our players safe? Are their families safe? That's real. That's what we're trying to make sure." - @CoachDrinkwitz #MIZ x #NewZou pic.twitter.com/5IoMZ9ZiH4— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) April 1, 2020
- The coaching staff continues their CROOTIN’ of Lutheran North’s Travion Ford
- 2022 Southlake Carroll quarterback Quinn Ewers (same high school as Chase Daniel) has received an offer from Mizzou.
Very honored to say i have received an offer The University of Missouri!! pic.twitter.com/CZhqy3LuRs— Quinn Ewers (@QuinnEwers) April 1, 2020
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)