Yet another graduate transfer has Mizzou in his final schools!
This time, it’s former Hawaii point guard Drew Buggs, who has Missouri, Iowa State, and Loyola Marymount in his final three schools, according to his AAU coach, Ryan Silver.
A decision will be coming soon. Like, this weekend soon, Ryan Silver told 247 Sports’ Josh Gershon. Here’s what Silver had to say about Missouri, specifically HCCM:
“Cuonzo Martin is one of the best coaches in America. He has unbelievable charisma and is a tremendous leader.”
Maybe, just maybe, Cuonzo Martin and the staff will find that graduate transfer to fill the two open scholarship spots. More names to watch out for are Fresno State’s Jarred Hyder, Oregon’s Francis Okoro, and Evansville’s DeAndre Williams.
But wait.....there’s more! Add JUCO guard El Ellis to the list that Mizzou has checked in on, according to Stockrisers’ Jake Weingarten:
Mizzou and Oregon are the latest programs to get involved and contact Top-rated JUCO guard El Ellis, he told @Stockrisers.— Jake (@jakeweingarten) April 23, 2020
The premier scorer of Tallahassee CC, is eligible in fall of ‘21 and has 20+ high-major programs pursuing him.
Moving on...Mizzou Football has officially announced that they have signed Rutgers offensive lineman graduate transfer Michael Maietti. Look for him to compete for the starting job right away.
And it’s NFL Draft time! Here’s what SPOOOON (and Martin Rucker!) had to say about Mizzou Football players going pro:
And Jordan Elliott is soon to be NFL bound. Get ready!
Of course, we’ll have plenty of coverage to come here at Rock M Nation throughout the NFL Draft this weekend. Stay tuned.
Onto the links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Nate Edwards has the write up on linebacker Cale Garrett in the NFL Draft Profiles .
- It’s Round X of the Missouri Tigers Legends Draft with Brandon Kiley and Nate Edwards. See who they selected!
- Mitchell Forde has a Mizzou hoops transfer recruiting rundown
- ($$) Read up on Gabe DeArmond’s latest edition of his mailbag
- Vote for the Ultimate Mizzou Player Bracket— they’ve reached the Sweet 16
- PowerMizzou Podcast: Episode 305, with Gabe DeArmond and Mitchell Forde
- MU’s Drinkwitz was to throw out a first pitch. Instead, he’s been watching “Tiger King”, writes Souichi Terada
- From the staff, Mediacom offering reruns of Missouri basketball classics
- Mizzou Baseball’s Ian Bedell comes in at No. 89 in MLB Pipeline’s updated Top 150 draft rankings
- From WatchStadium’s Brett McMurphy, 99 percent of FBS ADs Believe We’ll Have College Football This Season. Love to see it!
- Workout Wednesdays with Nicodemus Christopher!
- Tune into the Mizzou Radio Network on Sunday Night for the 2003 win over Nebraska
- Here’s what Cullen VanLeer had to say about becoming the new head basketball coach at Owensville High School. Congrats, Cullen!
- Big news here, University of Missouri interim chancellor Mun Y. Choi is planning on resuming in-person classes in the fall:
- Mizzou Softball’s win over Minnesota is No. 3 on their Top 10 moments of the season!
- Mizzou Wrestler Allan Hart was the team’s most improved wrestler this season!
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)