Missouri lands PG out of Hawaii with unexpected help
ICYMI: Missouri finally got off the 2020 graduate transfer schneid on Sunday.
PowerMizzou spoke with Buggs about his decision, and it turns out that the Tigers had some help from (arguably) unexpected places.
Buggs said those past players, particularly [Negus] Webster-Chan and [Keith] Shamburger, helped him realize that Missouri “checked all the boxes” he was looking for in a new team.
That’s somewhat surprising considering the two have been away from the program for several years now... and that Webster-Chan didn’t even finish his career with Missouri. However, Buggs also mentioned his relationship with Cornell Mann and Cuonzo Martin.
Additionally, Buggs mentioned he’s open to playing wherever the Tigers need him, which could come in handy should Xavier Pinson decide to come back to school. Having Pinson means Buggs could come off the bench as a secondary ball-handler or an off-ball creator — especially if he can improve his jump shot.
More Mizzou Links:
- Dave Matter finished his Best of Mizzou list by naming the best Tiger he’s ever covered — surprise (no surprise, actually), it’s Chase Daniel!
- After Drew Buggs’ commitment, PowerMizzou did a quick roundup of the scholarship situation.
- PowerMizzou subscribers can catch up with Taj Butts, Missouri’s latest 2021 recruit out of DeSmet.
- If you want to know what Mel Kiper Jr. thought about the Browns’ pick of Jordan Elliott or the Broncos’ rolling the dice with Albert Okwuegbunam, you can read it in his comprehensive NFL Draft grade piece (if you have ESPN+!)
- Eli Drinkwitz has been on a big hot streak in St. Louis lately, and they’re now on a short(er) list for another talented playmaker.
Thanks for all of the schools recruiting me. I appreciate it for real! Narrowing down a little. My recruitment is still 100% open! pic.twitter.com/NoaTZxYng0— Tyler Hibbler (@t_hibb2x) April 26, 2020
Yesterday at Rock M
Generally this is where we deposit the Missouri-related links that don’t fit with the bigger theme. HOWEVER, there are only so many of those to go around these days.
So as long as I’m doing links (Mondays and Tuesdays!) I’ll be posting stuff that’s getting me through this craziness.
- ESPN aired the newest episode of The Last Dance on Sunday night, so here’s a link dump for those keeping up: the LA Times talked with Carmen Electra about her whirlwind romance with Dennis Rodman; the New York Post also recounts a story in which MJ pulled Rodman out of a bed he was sharing with Electra in Las Vegas; Yahoo Sports also focused on Rodman and his complex relationship to fame; and after receiving heavy criticism following the first few episodes, former GM Jerry Krause’s writings are coming under renewed interest.
- Major League Baseball is continuing to sort through scenarios of a possible 2020 season, but there’s a major barrier that could present issues — player salary.
- We’re all trying to find things to do with our extra time at home, and many of us are learning how to better ourselves in the kitchen. Want to join us? Here’s a helpful article to help you get started.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)