Who wants to do some good?!?!
These days it feels like we’re all looking to do one of two things: (1) Do some good for someone else in a time where we all feel a little helpless (2) Distract ourselves with something comforting, like a good meal or our favorite show.
Now what if I told you you could do both of those things at once?
We’ve partnered w/ @Mizzou & @TheFoodBankMo to bring you a 2007 Football Reunion! Tune in Friday May 1 at 7pm CT on @chasedaniel Twitter/FB page to watch us relive the 2007 season & to help us feed people affected by the COVID-19 crisis Visit https://t.co/6H2QF9qfok to donate!— Jeremy Maclin (@jmac___19) April 27, 2020
That sounds like an easy call. I’ve been trying to relive the 2007 Mizzou football season for the past 13 years, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
Anyway, seriously consider donating in the link above!
- PowerMizzou subscribers can get their regular Monday download, including Gabe’s Monday morning thoughts, a commitment analysis from Mizzou’s latest commit and a Q&A with said commit on said commitment.
- Dave Matter finished up his Best of Mizzou list this past weekend, and the Post-Dispatch did a full recap post to put it all in one place.
- Not sports related, but if you are (or know) a Mizzou employee who’s willing to undergo voluntary pay cuts, the Columbia Tribune directs you how. (Editor’s note: Karen is not one of those people)
- Tray Jackson finally has a landing spot, and it’s not in the SEC. Thank. God.
Missouri transfer Tray Jackson verbally committed to Seton Hall, a source tells @247Sports. Jackson is a former top 100 prospect in the 247Sports Composite Rankings.— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) April 27, 2020
- The New York Giants are putting a UFA tender on Markus Golden, a rare move in the NFL.
- OK, last tweet.
Our fans are full of hope.— Mizzou Athletics (@MizzouAthletics) April 27, 2020
Our heroes are hard at work.
So one day, we can return...
Yesterday at Rock M
- Here you go, Missouri friends — Gov. Parson has released a plan to re-open the state. Let’s all hope it (and the one in all states) goes better than Georgia’s.
- Know thine enemy (and thine former head coach): Barry Odom is switching things up at Arkansas to a 3-2-6 base defense.
- While baseball is working toward a plan to start up for the first time in 2020, basketball is slightly pushing things back. Let’s hope it all works out — for all of our sanity.
- Some people really like when their favorite TV show and movie casts reunite, so here’s a list of casts that are getting back together (apart) during the pandemic lockdown.
- Big music nerd? Check out Pitchfork Selects, a weekly playlist where the writers and staff of Pitchfork dump the music they’ve been listening to over the past week, including quite a few new releases.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)