Let’s start this off with some Mizzou baseball news, shall we?
Though I wouldn’t classify it as particularly good news, Kendall Rogers of D1Baseball.com has reported that Mizzou has parted ways with their top assistant and recruiting coordinator Todd Butler.
COACHING SCOOP: This is a bit of a surprise, but am told that @MizzouBaseball has parted ways with top assistant and recruiting coordinator Todd Butler after just one season in CoMo. Butler was previously the head coach at Wichita State. #Mizzou #SEC— Kendall Rogers (@KendallRogers) April 29, 2020
This is an interesting move to say the least, especially considering that Missouri comes in ranked 29th in college baseball’s Perfect Game recruiting rankings, which is good for 11th in the SEC. And that is certainly respectable when it comes with the challenges of recruiting in the best baseball conference in America. Stay tuned for what Steve Bieser and Mizzou baseball decide to do now to fill that position.
Moving on, Mizzou basketball has officially announced the signing of Hawaii graduate transfer point guard Drew Buggs. Welcome, Drew! (And that’s an awesome Twitter name, too)
Here’s what Cuonzo Martin had to say about Buggs:
“Drew can help our program out immediately. He’s an unselfish player who makes everyone around him better and we’re thrilled to have him join an experienced roster and help lead this team.”
And here’s what Buggs had to say about joining this Mizzou team:
“I love the vision coach Martin has and the culture of his program, and I’m excited to be part of that atmosphere. They have a really good, experienced group coming back and I want to do everything I can to help. I feel like I can add more experience and leadership to the team.”
Buggs is Hawaii’s career assist leader and had led the Big West Conference in assists the last two seasons.
With the addition of Drew Buggs to the roster, Missouri comes in at No. 48 in the updated 2021 Bart Torvik projection rankings, good for fifth in the SEC and a 19-12 (10-8) record. Not bad, right?
And in football recruiting, Missouri has made the Top 7 cut for Jordan Lovett, a three-star safety from North Hardin High School in Radcliff, Kentucky.
EXTREMELY THANKFUL ..... Recruitment 100% Open ‼️ pic.twitter.com/X0c7j7tq2D— JØRDÄŃ ŁÔVĘTT (@Jordan_Lovett1) April 30, 2020
Onto the links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Josh Matejka, Nate Edwards, and Brandon Kiley give you the latest Mizzou Football Recruiting Roundtable with the Offensive Line and Quarterbacks
- See who Nate Edwards and Brandon Kiley have selected in The Missouri Tigers Legends Draft: Round XII
- Mitchell Forde takes a look at the perfect 2021 recruiting class with Version 3.0
- Read up on Gabe DeArmond’s latest edition of his mailbag
- From Joe Lyons, Unfinished wrestling season “doesn’t seem real” to Mizzou standout Connor Flynn. (Note: Next year’s NCAA Wrestling Championships will be at the Enterprise Center in St. Louis!)
- Souichi Terada writes that the SEC dominated the draft and how Mizzou Football can catch a ride on that wave
- Pete Grathoff writes that the Broncos’ draft shows that they are all in with Drew Lock as quarterback. You love to see it!
- Souichi Terada assesses the Mizzou hoops whole roster with the two recent additions of Ed Chang and Drew Buggs
- From the staff, Mizzou Athletics announces refund plan for football season ticket holders
- Fast Five: Quarantine questions with Missouri baseball’s Peter Zimmerman, by Melanie Rau
- For Cardinals fans reading this, Yadier Molina is now open to a new team if the Cardinals aren’t an option, ESPN’s Marly Rivera writes.
- The NCAA Board of Governors have moved toward allowing student-athlete compensation for endorsements and promotions. Here’s more from the NCAA on allowing college athletes to be compensated for their name, image, and likeness.
- On MUTigers.com, Mizzou Track and Field’s Faramola Shonekan has been named a 2020 Mark Twain Fellowship Recipient
- Former Mizzou wide receiver L’Damian Washington has applied for a position on the Virginia Tech coaching staff as a quality control assistant. Good luck to L’Damian!
Applied for the Virginia Tech QC position today!— L'Damian Washington (@MizzouMonstar2) April 29, 2020
- Mizzou students, it’s time for you to get your all-sports pass now. And you can do so at MUTigers.com.
- Uh, yes please, Keontez!
- Watch Mizzou gymnast Helen Hu on #Mizzoom with Ben Arnet as she recaps her fabulous freshman season!
"When I came to Mizzou, both because of the coaching staff and because of the team, and the general athletics energy, it really pushed me harder than I ever pushed myself."— Mizzou Gymnastics (@MizzouGym) April 29, 2020
Helen Hu reflects on her memorable freshman campaign.#MIZ pic.twitter.com/Yyxq1Yjyt5
- Congrats to Mizzou Wrestling sophomore Brock Mauller was named Tiger Style’s Most Outstanding wrestler this season! The rest of the Tiger Style Annual Team Awards are here on MUTigers.com.
- Coach Drink demands customers to put their grocery carts where they BELONG!
C’MON!! Really people! ♂️ ♂️ pic.twitter.com/nyIFTvXQB7— Eliah Drinkwitz (@CoachDrinkwitz) April 29, 2020
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)